Some cool reloads

Trans-Am
    Where Pink OWNS everything

Discipline won wars. Fury won fights

Pretty sweet.

My favorite gun reload in a game is still the revolver from Metro 2033. Basically dump the rounds then with one hand slam 6 new ones in at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnGKm3K2C4
    ____

1 in 10,000? Is that legit or just some comment trolling? Seems too low, you blink, you miss it. Unless you video all of your play all the time.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    1 in 10,000? Is that legit or just some comment trolling? Seems too low, you blink, you miss it. Unless you video all of your play all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    With tens of thousands of players online if it was any more it would be far too common.

EDIT: LOL that video, yep even 1 in 10000 was far too common.
    ____

I think the correct response was f-ing RNG!

Some of those examples in the original video weren't just Hardline, though. There were some BF4 maps I recognized, so this easter egging has been going on for a while.

I blame the influence of Classic Mode and Hardcore, which has trained everyone to wait to reload until completely empty. The frequency of full reload is probably higher than the designers expected.

You know, if they had set the animations to trigger only after someone played the objective, no one ever would have found them.

EDIT: I just did a back-of-the envelope ...

Probability of animation occurring: 0.0001

Average amount of time between full reloads: 5 mins

Average amount of time players play per day: 4 hours

Average number of full reloads per player, per day: 48

Probability of one player seeing the special reload, per day: 0.0048

Average number of players per day: 10000

Average number of players who see the special reload per day (per 10000 players): 48

Even if you adjust the average amount of time between reloads up by 10x (3000 seconds instead of 300), that still means about 5 players see the animation every day. That does prove the power of numbers, just like CCC said.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 09-02-2015 at 17:04.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Super Moderator
    You forgot at add in the probability of the player being in a position to notice the reload animation.
    Middle of a fire fight they might not notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    You forgot at add in the probability of the player being in a position to notice the reload animation.
    Middle of a fire fight they might not notice it.
    Well, live streaming and screen capping sort of make that a wash. If the fraction of players who always livestream/screen cap is high enough, you could miss it while playing and someone else might see it, or you might see it on review of a screen cap.

That said, I agree that each was probably seen long before each was posted in a video on Reddit. Probably didn't notice it or might not have believed their eyes.