Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The one and only Bassyboy

Re: TrueBalancer v0.4 (TeamBalance for Rush & Conquest)

Balancers seems to be working great!
    Is it possible to swap players on death? I got some complaints this afternoon.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

not at the moment. but it will be in a future update.

what do you mean -> who dies first will be balanced or last teamjoiner on death?

Jup if the chosen player dies, he will we swapped... instead of instant swap.

Other option would be: balance on death (not checking last player joined)

I really like this feature:
    If a player gets teambalanced, he/she is locked for the AutoBalancer and will not be balanced again.

But what if there are not so many players, and balance is out of control?
    Let's say 6-2: And all 6 players have been swapped earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by EBastard
    Jup if the chosen player dies, he will we swapped... instead of instant swap.
    the problem is what if this last player is a camper not willing to die, what to do than? i would need a timeoutfunction. that if this player doesn't die in like 30sec i have to instant kill him anyways. would this be ok?

Other option would be: balance on death (not checking last player joined)
    this will be implemented in a future update.

but i think this is the most unfair way. imagin being an attacker arming the mcom and you die. you armed the mcom and you get switched to the other side. Now imagin that this happens to you on the last mcom. that realy hurts!

Like this feature:
    If a player gets teambalanced, he/she is locked for the AutoBalancer and will not be balanced again.

But what if there are not so many players, and balance is out of control?
    Let's say 6-2: And all 6 players have been swapped earlier?
    If this happens (and i think it will not happen that ofen) these 6 players will get balanced randomly. It is not a good solution, but it is better than not balancing at all .

This is how it is programmed at the moment.

the problem is what if this last player is a camper not willing to die, what to do than? i would need a timeoutfunction. that if this player doesn't die in like 30sec i have to instant kill him anyways. would this be ok?
    I think that is a good solution! Most of us serverowners don't like campers anyways!

A simple balance on death maybe unfair sometimes. You're right about that.

Keep up the good work dude!

The only reason I wouldn't like AB on Death is when teams get really lop-sided (due to a rage-quit team) and no one from the other team dies to switch. I think a force-switch after X seconds/minutes would be better for a balance. Yet it may jip you in rush sometimes.. but if you have it target last joined player to the team, you should techincally only get switch maybe once or twice.. really dependant on how busy your server is.

Our Rush server is usually full so AB is normally not a need. Our conquest server is the one in real need of AB.

Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com

the autobalance targets the player, which joined last the team, not the server. if this player gets switched once, this player will not be switched again, until the player changes teams byhimself. than this player is open for autobalance again.

Working good so far. No complaints from regulars or members. One question though, if say the teams are 10 v 4, when the AB kicks in.. will it move multiple players at once till teams are balanced, or will it move only 1.. then go through warnings again?

BTW, I'm only testing this on our Conquest server atm.. once I see this is stable, I will start running it on the Rush server as well.

hey,
    i never tested it on a conquest server. did the autobalance kick in on your conquest? at least once? just let me know.
    i do check the game types if the gametype=rush or gametype=conquest.
    if i misstyped "conquest" the autobalancer wouldn't kick in. that could be the only problem. I'm running this script now for 3 days on my server. and it works so far.
    please check your debug window: (you dont need to Enable DebugMode)
    if you see something like this:
    [10:41:17 12]
    [13:35:03 58] TrueBalancer: Still no data or GameMode not supported.
    apearing all the time, then i did something wrong. this can appear at the beginning of a round or when the plugin is turned on. but should stop after that.

To your question:
    If the teams are 10vs4, TrueBalancer will move a player every 2seconds until the teams are balanced without secondary warnings. The only thing that you will see in the game will be AUTOBALANCING NOW for every player that TrueBalancer moves.
    There won't be new warnings until the teams are evened out and then again uneven.

Yeah it works for conquest. I even lop-sided the teams my moving myself over and it moved me back after a minute.