Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by LumPenPacK View Post
    The problem with IL is that it only updates the squad leader information every 30 seconds with every "listPlayers" command. But players might change squads during this period.

    I'm currently working on a Squad Manager plugin which should update squad leader information with every squad change. I've added this !msquad/!fmsquad commands to the to do list.
    Wow you're right, just checked, it doesn't handle OnPlayerSquadChange. An oversight perhaps?
    ____

  2. #12
    Plugin Developer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saarland
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Wow you're right, just checked, it doesn't handle OnPlayerSquadChange. An oversight perhaps?
    The problem is that you need to gather squad leader information for every squad with squad.lead command since listPlayers doesn't contain these information. It might have a reason why OnPlayerSquadChange isn't used for updating these information since Squad changes happen way too often especially during round change while everybody is switching the teams.

    I'm trying to get rid if these problems with the plugin I'm currently writing.
    Last edited by LumPenPacK; 24-12-2014 at 09:52.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LumPenPacK View Post
    The problem with IL is that it only updates the squad leader information every 30 seconds with every "listPlayers" command. But players might change squads during this period.

    I'm currently working on a Squad Manager plugin which should update squad leader information with every squad change. I've added this !msquad/!fmsquad commands to the to do list.
    Nice! Good idea to query only when a player moves, keeps the spam of commands down.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Wow you're right, just checked, it doesn't handle OnPlayerSquadChange. An oversight perhaps?
    More like history and laziness. I just hacked squad.leader into the existing IL architecture without refactoring. It's not really set up for anything that isn't in listPlayers.

    You guys forget that I didn't write most of IL. I just work with what's there.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  5. #15
    Hello PC9 Sir,

    Does this works on all modes for BF4?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by avengedthedead View Post
    Hello PC9 Sir,

    Does this works on all modes for BF4?
    It should work for any mode that has squads.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •