Procon Plugin Tester

Request: Private area for server owners

Requesting a private area for major server owner/operators to have a non-public area to discuss issues related to our community.

I want to be able to discuss DDOS attacks against our servers in a place where others may be having the same issues at the same times and start putting ideas together as to who may be responsible.

Suggest making it registered and verified server owners only. I volunteer for that verification process, if no others step up.

OR, maybe we could have a way to access the faillog reports?

OR, does anybody else have any ideas where we could do this without the scrutiny and/or input of the general public?

Hutchew

I blaze rarely ever these days. BF3 was a total different story though. Maybe somehow they strengthened the blaze backend or people got tired of ddos'ing me. I do still use the fail log just so that server restarts in case of the no weps unlocks bug.

Administrator
    I'm not seeing what the need is for? Even if you discuss who is ddos'ing you, and perchance even figure out who is doing it, what would be the point?

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Agree with Zaeed. There's no real benefit from this, what super secret stuff would you want to discuss?
    Also, nearly everyone in this forum is a server admin or somewhat related, so why would you exclude a majority of them? Who would judge who can join the "inner circle" and who can't?

Sorry, not going to happen in this community.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Ok, never mind then.

Hutchew

That isn't the solution. Your host should care for it and you should invest in protecting your server against the attacks. BTW if you're owning a dedicated server, then no one will DDoS you until you're strongly competing them or your site is too famous. BTW your competitor or DDoS'er may better understand you and your server in that private forum

Quote Originally Posted by roidbay View Post
    That isn't the solution. Your host should care for it and you should invest in protecting your server against the attacks. BTW if you're owning a dedicated server, then no one will DDoS you until you're strongly competing them or your site is too famous. BTW your competitor or DDoS'er may better understand you and your server in that private forum
    Why would a person make a new account just to comment on this thread?
    ____

Developer
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchew View Post
    Requesting a private area for major server owner/operators to have a non-public area to discuss issues related to our community.
    Well, I can understand your intention and why you ask for such a forum here.
    But, to be honest in my opinion this forum is the wrong place.

This is for dealing with everything around Procon and in a special way with
    topics around the used rcon interface / protocoll. This naturally inherits
    some points of contact with server managing topics in the widest way.

To come to your request I see better places for a forum like you asked
    for. For example http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/ but that is my personal
    opinion and not checked with them.

Greets
    Phil.