Plugin Developer

Jitter Manager 0.0.0.1

Version:

About:
    Author: ColesyM

Description:
    Jitter manager allows you to click players with unstable connections. It is inspired by LatencyManager and works in a similar fashion. It monitors the players pings and calculates deviation. If this deviation (jitter) is larger the the amount specified it kicks the player.

You can configure the maximum jitter allowed, and the number of samples to take.
    The lower the samples, the quicker a result can be calculated.

Current Issues:
    None that I know of, let me know.

Future Plans:
    Fix any bugs.
    Add any feature requests.

Setup Instructions:
    PRoCon Setup:
    Copy the plugin files into your plugins directory.

Download:
    JitterManager_0_0_0_1.zip
    Last edited by ColesyM; 13-11-2014 at 20:44.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Does this plugin only support BF4? Or BF3 as well?

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Does this plugin only support BF4? Or BF3 as well?
    Only targeting BF4.

What is the interval of the plugin samples? Is this manual pings or the standard procon ping?
    Founder & Community Leader|
    Players Dungeon Gaming Communty |
    http://www.playersdungeon.com

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqiboy90 View Post
    What is the interval of the plugin samples? Is this manual pings or the standard procon ping?
    It uses playerInfo.Ping and samples 30s.

Sorry to say this, but:

Anyways.... If the ping counter can never count with less than 30 sec interval then this is pointless...
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....l=1#post108798

am I wrong?

The entire point is for checking unstable internet and spikes, if you are going to use the standard pinging system, then there will be more chance to not detect a high ping.

Imagine this:

The standard one will see only the 1st and the 30th, which makes the jitter 10ms, but if the interval was like 10 seconds, then the jitter would be something like 75ms

0st second =40
    10th second= 100
    20th = 200
    30th = 50

I don't know anything about plugin coding, but cant you try to code a manual pinger? Adkats did it, but it's a ping kicker not jitter.
    Last edited by iraqiboy90; 06-01-2015 at 16:38.

Plugin Developer
    Sorry to say this, but:

am I wrong?

The entire point is for checking unstable internet and spikes, if you are going to use the standard pinging system, then one can simply stay on a normal ping kicker.

I don't know anything about plugin coding, but cant you try to code a manual pinger? Adkats did it, but it's a ping kicker not jitter.
    The name of the plugin is just misleading. Ping Variation Manager would be better.
    As the technical definition of the term "jitter" you need MUCH more samples than one every 30s. The sampling rate should be in the kilohertz area, but 1/30s is < 0.00004 Hz.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

Plugin Developer
    Sorry to say this, but:

am I wrong?

The entire point is for checking unstable internet and spikes, if you are going to use the standard pinging system, then there will be more chance to not detect a high ping.

Imagine this:

The standard one will see only the 1st and the 30th, which makes the jitter 10ms, but if the interval was like 10 seconds, then the jitter would be something like 75ms

0st second =40
    10th second= 100
    20th = 200
    30th = 50

That's not how it works, it is not per ping update jitter, but an average of them over the sample rate, compared to the server average, it works by collecting samples (every 30 seconds as you say), when it reaches the desired sample size, it takes the average of the pings, and the lowest ping, and then the delta is the average jitter. If that delta is higher than the allowed amount then its a kick.

This way it's not just how high the ping is, but how stable it is over a longer period. Now that means over a period of 2.5 minutes (with default sample size of 5), the players maximum average variation cannot exceed 10ms (with default config).

Here is 3 examples of samples and results:

Example:
    30ms
    32ms
    44ms
    62ms
    29ms
    average = 39.4
    minimum = 30
    delta is 9.4 and within the allowed range, player stays

Example 2:

72ms
    69ms
    99ms
    101ms
    73ms
    average is 82.8ms
    minimum is 69ms
    delta is 13.8ms and over the default allowed jitter of 10ms, player gets kicked

Example 3:

140ms
    151ms
    145ms
    163ms
    149ms
    average is 149.6ms
    minimum is 140
    delta is 9.6 and within the allowed range, player stays

Thank you for the explanation

But still, why dont you go with a manual pinger? 30 second interval is way too high, and people wont wait for 2-3 minutes so autoadmin will start kicking.
    Right now I have the latency manager set to kick only on 2 sample, even though I dont like it, but one would prefer a minute of frequent interval than a minute of two intervals...

Plugin Developer
    Thank you for the explanation

But still, why dont you go with a manual pinger? 30 second interval is way too high, and people wont wait for 2-3 minutes so autoadmin will start kicking.
    Right now I have the latency manager set to kick only on 2 sample, even though I dont like it, but one would prefer a minute of frequent interval than a minute of two intervals...
    By manual pinger do you mean use System.Net.Ping?

If it does that, the ping will be from the person running the procon client and not between the client and server right? If so it will be terribly unreliable because it would be at the mercy of the admins connection. The player could have a stable ping to the server but not to the person running procon.