Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Insane Limit appears to be "stuck" using old expression

    I have an Insane Limit that acts as a Try-Hard shamer. It is a modification of the Simple Weapon Kill Spree example. Simply put, if you're running a Try-Hard gun, such as an AEK, and you get to be on a good kill streak we call you out. It is meant to poke fun at people in a lighthearted manner.

    Originally, we had the L85 in our Try-Hard list and have since replaced it with the AWS but we are still seeing messages about Try-Hards using the L85. It is as if the limit is stuck and hasn't actually been updated. Any ideas as to what causes this and possible solutions to fix the issue?

    Current version of our limit:

    Set limit to evaluate OnKill, Set action to Say
    Set first_check to this Expression:
    Code:
    Regex.Match(Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(U_FAMAS|U_GalilACE23|U_AEK971|U_MG4|U_AWS)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success
    Set second_check to this Expression:
    Code:
    ( limit.Spree(player.Name) > 8 )
    Set action to Say
    say_message =
    Code:
    %p_n% has on their Try-Hard Pants with the %w_n%, they have %r_x% straight kills with it!
    say_audience = All

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjall View Post
    I have an Insane Limit that acts as a Try-Hard shamer. It is a modification of the Simple Weapon Kill Spree example. Simply put, if you're running a Try-Hard gun, such as an AEK, and you get to be on a good kill streak we call you out. It is meant to poke fun at people in a lighthearted manner.

    Originally, we had the L85 in our Try-Hard list and have since replaced it with the AWS but we are still seeing messages about Try-Hards using the L85. It is as if the limit is stuck and hasn't actually been updated. Any ideas as to what causes this and possible solutions to fix the issue?

    Current version of our limit:

    Set limit to evaluate OnKill, Set action to Say
    Set first_check to this Expression:
    Code:
    Regex.Match(Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(U_FAMAS|U_GalilACE23|U_AEK971|U_MG4|U_AWS)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success
    Set second_check to this Expression:
    Code:
    ( limit.Spree(player.Name) > 8 )
    Set action to Say
    say_message =
    Code:
    %p_n% has on their Try-Hard Pants with the %w_n%, they have %r_x% straight kills with it!
    say_audience = All
    Technically, questions like this should be asked in the Insane Limits Requests thread, for future reference.

    The limit code looks fine, so what I suspect is going on is that more than one copy of Insane Limits is running. Are you using a layer? Do you have more than one admin? Or even if you don't have more than one admin, do you have Insane Limits enabled on the layer (good) and also on your local client (bad)?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Technically, questions like this should be asked in the Insane Limits Requests thread, for future reference.

    The limit code looks fine, so what I suspect is going on is that more than one copy of Insane Limits is running. Are you using a layer? Do you have more than one admin? Or even if you don't have more than one admin, do you have Insane Limits enabled on the layer (good) and also on your local client (bad)?
    Noted, my apologies for posting in the wrong place.

    I'm running a layer. No clients are directly connecting to the game server. We do have multiple clients connecting to the layer with various permission levels, including admins with full access.

    After several weeks of this odd behavior, we finally noticed this was working correctly last night.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjall View Post
    Noted, my apologies for posting in the wrong place.

    I'm running a layer. No clients are directly connecting to the game server. We do have multiple clients connecting to the layer with various permission levels, including admins with full access.

    After several weeks of this odd behavior, we finally noticed this was working correctly last night.
    One of the clients connecting to the layer may have been running the same limit and plugin. Or I should say, an outdated version of the limit. It's worth admonishing all of your client admins to run no LOCAL plugins when they connect to the layer.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •