Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed View Post
    The BF3 version was a disgrace. All they had to do was build a map identical to the BF2 version, no exploding buildings or anything like that. Keep it E.X.A.C.T.L.Y the same as the BF2 version, and it would have been amazeballs..
    You speak wisdom again. While all the destruction is nice. What good does it if the server crashes or performs poorly.

Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com

Administrator
    It changed what made the map great. They assumed that the just because it looked a bit the same and had the same name, that was enough.

The fact you couldn't do a lot of things forced a great style of play. You couldn't get on top of a lot of buildings.. You couldn't topple buildings or blow out walls to create new paths. You were forced to work within a set of confines you had no control over. And it was great. It was the perfect mix of infantry and vehicle warfare.

It had great choke points, routes to flee from incoming tanks and APC's.. And the bypass..

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed View Post
    It changed what made the map great. They assumed that the just because it looked a bit the same and had the same name, that was enough.

The fact you couldn't do a lot of things forced a great style of play. You couldn't get on top of a lot of buildings.. You couldn't topple buildings or blow out walls to create new paths. You were forced to work within a set of confines you had no control over. And it was great. It was the perfect mix of infantry and vehicle warfare.

It had great choke points, routes to flee from incoming tanks and APC's.. And the bypass..
    True that. BF2 Karkand was one of the best maps for armored tactics that took advantage of geography and chokepoints. It also had the most ridiculous vehicle spawn rate, at least on the SMERSH side Factory. Everyone who wanted a vehicle could get one or at least ride in one.

The fact that BF3 Karkand is best known as a sniper map says it all.

P.S.
    The BF3 version of Oman is better than the BF2 version, though. I hated the BF2 version, every armored vehicle was a goddamned deathtrap, if the other team had halfway decent flyboys.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 16-10-2014 at 03:31.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Just wonder if Classic was released at launch if it would have had more success than it does now.

Our server has been on it for a while.. but it's a major struggle to get it populated. Seems only a couple servers are full most of the time.

Honestly, I still play it almost daily, still enjoy a few rounds every now and then on my server
    but I am not buying BF Hardline it's not fun at all
    I'll stick to BF 4 until there's a BF 5

after last patch can not change server size .... what the hel* ......
    Last edited by jong7007; 02-12-2014 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by jong7007 View Post
    Honestly, I still play it almost daily, still enjoy a few rounds every now and then on my server
    but I am not buying BF Hardline it's not fun at all
    I'll stick to BF 4 until there's a BF 5

after last patch can not change server size .... what the hel* ......
    cool! i forgot about this post and to be perfecty honest.. i have not even attempted to spawn and kill someone since 2 , 3 or 4 patches ago

Classic mode is awesome and our server is more active than ever.

I really like all the changes DICE LA did, adding Classic mode of coure, changing alot of the UI + more. But of course the frustration started after the big patch some weeks ago, that forced FF off for classic servers and all the other changes.

I don't remember where I read this, but maybe the next Battlefield will be more of a hybrid between military simulation and arcade....you know like it was with BF2 and BF2142. At least you can see that DICE LA certainly tries to change the Battlefield experience to something else then what Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    cool! i forgot about this post and to be perfecty honest.. i have not even attempted to spawn and kill someone since 2 , 3 or 4 patches ago
    Same here. We ended up switching our server back to Normal, nobody was joining the Classic server. So sad...

Super Moderator
    I am still playing but with not much enthusiasm

I am sick of the 500000 "prizes" - you enter a game and get all sorts of goodies. Fart - Oh a battle pack!! Do this, do that, jump over that - a prize! a Bow? WTF
    Now in final stand - we got experimental weapons - floating tanks, remote controlled - ??? (don't even know what they are)

After BF2 - They made it so much like cod - attracted that type of player - then wonder why command mode bombed, big maps bomb and classic style bombed.

BF3 on - they should have included the advantages of destruction - at stopped at that - kept the weapons, commander, limits on ammunition on vehicles including those that fly. Kept the things that made BF2 different from COD and all the other quick fix shootem up crap. I would have loved BF2 with destruction - no more hiding behind a wall or crate to stop tank shells.

The way forward - not sure there is one.

in my point of view they just overdid the destruction.
    small frag grenades like those 40mm m320's can bring buildings
    down is just too arcade-like.

its toally ok that a tank shell blasts a hole into a wall, but due to
    (SORRY, BUT) consoles the pc version has the same weak polycount
    on breakable walls, leading into 5m x 2m missing wall, instead of
    just a clear visible hole.

i like the volumetric decal placement tho, but nevertheless small
    weapons bringing down buildings is too much badabangbooOOooom