Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Works great on mine BF3 server. You can add BF3 tag to this plugin.

Wow, some great feedback guys.

@dyn Thanks for testing and reporting those issues. I'll check 'em out when I get some time.

@kcuestag Thanks for testing. That is a lot of team killing going on! I had assumed that people would want to see the messages in chat log, but agree that is a lot going on for you there. Perhaps it would be better off in the plugin console thingy?

@ColColonCleaner Great suggestion again =) Will do.

@MadSochi Thanks for letting me know! Will do.
    Last edited by stajs; 01-10-2014 at 21:48. Reason: MadSochi

Quote Originally Posted by stajs View Post
    Perhaps it would be better off in the plugin console
    Chat is chat, console is for debug purposes.

EDIT: That tab is great to see messages sent to players, but it can get to be a bit much. Perhaps instead of removing display of the messages, you can make them more concise. That would benefit both the players, and the admins. You are sending so many messages with each teamkill you are essentially wiping their chat box out.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 01-10-2014 at 22:18.
    ____

Feature request.

Boolean setting, disabled by default. "Use AdKats Punishment".

AdKats has a punish system, but it is not intended for teamkill management as the punish/forgive commands are admin use only. With this plugin, it adds commands players can use.

When this feature is enabled, it would not use the internal kill/kick/ban action (or send any messages to the teamkiller. teamkillee is fine.) when someone punishes a teamkiller. Instead it would execute the following section of code. (Modify the record message as needed to match the standard punishment reason in your plugin)

Code:
    if (GetRegisteredCommands().Any(
            command => command.RegisteredClassname == "AdKats" &&
            command.RegisteredMethodName == "IssueCommand"))
    {
        var requestHashtable = new Hashtable{
            {"caller_identity", "TeamKillTracker"},
            {"response_requested", false},
            {"command_type", "player_punish"},
            {"source_name", "TeamKillTracker"},
            {"target_name", "ColColonCleaner"},
            {"target_guid", "EA_698E70AF4E420A99824EA9A438FE3CB1"},
            {"record_message", "Teamkilling stajs"}
        };
        ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.plugins.call", "AdKats", "IssueCommand", "TeamKillTracker", JSON.JsonEncode(requestHashtable));
    }
    else{
        //AdKats is not enabled, run your normal punishment code
    }

This would add logging of punishments against teamkillers, automatic increasing punishment severity, and add more functionality to both plugins. This keeps compatibility with both BF3 and BF4.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 07-10-2014 at 18:59.
    ____

Procon Plugin Tester
    I'm seeing several people type: !punish even though it clearly says to type !p. While I do personally like !p better than the full !punish, wondering if it would make sense to still allow !punish (in any CaSe) to be accepted.
    It also looks like !P is not accepted (the capital P)

Has anyone figured out how to change the messages so the changes remain?

Last edited by stajs; 02-10-2014 at 08:52. Reason: Added #17, formatted URLs

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    EDIT: That tab is great to see messages sent to players, but it can get to be a bit much. Perhaps instead of removing display of the messages, you can make them more concise. That would benefit both the players, and the admins. You are sending so many messages with each teamkill you are essentially wiping their chat box out.
    In my defense, the number of messages (lines) is configurable so servers can spam as much or as little as they like (let's just ignore the fact that saving messages appears to have a bug ATM!). But yes, I agree, conciseness is usually best. And I don't think you are suggesting that the Procon chat tab should have a different shorter equivalent of the message sent to the player, but I'm just clarifying: what appears in the chat tab should exactly mirror what was sent in game IMHO.

Wiping out the chat box is pretty bad. I haven't come across that much TK'ing in my testing! I have raised an issue to make it optional to send messages to the chat box, so I'll see if that helps.
    Last edited by stajs; 02-10-2014 at 08:38. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dyn View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to change the messages so the changes remain?
    I've written up how I save the settings here: https://github.com/stajs/Stajs.Proco...cker/issues/10

Would you mind having a look and seeing if that works for you? EDIT: I've closed the issue now, as ColColonCleaner has verified that it works as intended, but still interested to hear if you are having problems.

v2.3.1

- Added a debug setting to allow suicides to be counted as a team kill.
    Last edited by stajs; 03-10-2014 at 02:19. Reason: Closed issue.

Translator
    Any ETA on having an option to remove the messages in Procon's chat window? Way too much text there.

Thanks!
    || i7 8700k @ 5GHz || MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Procon Plugin Tester
    AHHH I feel like such a procon noob here! I totally knew that we had to click the three little dots to make an edit!

kcuestag: To remove chat spam follow the instructions above your post to add / remove as you see fit.

stajs thanks for the super easy (noob :x) instructions. Made it super easy.