Thread: !kill player

Procon Addict

!kill player

Ok as a struggling community we are thinking of offering a premium service to encourage donations.

This might sound a bit way out but bear with me.

I am wondering if there could be a enhancement made to let players !kill another player. ( we have all been killed again and again and again by the same player) But.. this must only happen once per round.

I am aware there could be complications, But im willing to take a chance because we are struggling to make enough to keep us afloat.

Also, im wondering if the enhancement could be made with the ability to add the person/s name in so we can add and remove once payment time has elapsed (plus i don't want to use the reserve slot or admin as this will complicate things)

The payment for this will be quite high so its not going to be a !kill fest but the money gained from this will certainly be a benefit.

I am willing to pay for this if it can be made

Thanks in advance. ( i did try and search for this but couldn't find anything)

Community Contributor
    Votekick / Voteban plugin? With this people can vote to kick or ban someone on the server, if he/she is doing things the other players dont like. Its the most fair thing to do.

You shouldnt give players the rights to do a kill. They are going to abuse it.

Procon Addict
    thats why the price would be high to buy it in the first place and i said that one person can only do it once a round.. Times are hard for us community leaders cash is getting very scarce

Quote Originally Posted by EntraVenuS View Post
    thats why the price would be high to buy it in the first place and i said that one person can only do it once a round.. Times are hard for us community leaders cash is getting very scarce
    tarr is right
    ____

Procon Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    tarr is right
    I agree with both tarreltje and ColColonCleaner (@ColColonCleaner I just actually realized what your name said lol ), however, it could be possible. It's definitely possible to create an Insane Limits limit to do it, assuming you have a list of players that could use this command and another list of who they are allowed to use it against.

Procon Addict
    so it could be done? is there anone willing to make this for me .. cash can be involved for your time

Quote Originally Posted by EntraVenuS View Post
    so it could be done? is there anone willing to make this for me .. cash can be involved for your time
    If you actually want to go through with this, an insane limit can be written if you want a simple option. You can already do this with my admin tool AdKats, but that would take a little bit of setup. Link is in my signature. Main reason you would want to use this is because you can easily track/manage who has access to it, and check if they are abusing it, but the plugin takes more setup than some are willing to do.
    ____

Meh, in addition to the ethical objections, admin.kill of one player is weak sauce, who would pay for it? If you want to sell something, sell them a nuke. That should raise fewer ethical objections, since it is impartial and benefits more than just the person paying.

Other ideas:

* Map admin for a day: sell the ability to set the map/mode list. Perhaps like a jukebox. For $N, you get to set the next map/mode. If you pay $N+N, you get to set the next and the one after. For $N+N+N, you get the next 3, etc.

* Private leader board: for a small subscription fee, you participate in a private leader board. Top 3 players every week/month/whatever get cash prizes. You only compete against other subscription members. You can promote special contests every week, like most attack boat kills, most knife kills, highest team points earned, etc.

* Assassin: for a small subscription fee, you get to participate in a meta-game mode where, during every round, one member of each team (may or may not be another subscription member) is selected as the target, and subscription members get points for killing the target. The assassin's know who the target is (by player chat or yell), but the targets do not know they are targets. Member with the most points at end of round (or day, or week, or whatever), gets a cash prize.

P.S., no, I'm not volunteering to write any of those, even the admin.kill. Sorry, I don't have the spare time.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 12-08-2014 at 16:39.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Ahaha nice 1 PC9.. i like those ideas .. i would consider writing those ones.. except Wife goes back to work soon and im left to look after the 11month old.. im not taking any new projects myself... but who knows maybe i might have some spare time once in awhile.. i do like those ideas....