Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Translator
    Yeah, I'm also hoping it's a huge fail.
    || i7 8700k @ 5GHz || MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    Yeah, I'm also hoping it's a huge fail.
    I couldn't care less.. all I'd do is just switch my servers to Hardline.. unless of course the GSP list for that is also slimmed LOL

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    I couldn't care less.. all I'd do is just switch my servers to Hardline.. unless of course the GSP list for that is also slimmed LOL
    Well if you got enough cash to throw away, sure, but I am sure as hell not paying a cent for Hardline or a server for that game.

I've been able to keep my one 32p server running fairly steadily, but only by running it in Official mode, Conquest, with a no-DLC map rotation. The second I put in any DLC maps it becomes impossible to kick start. And I haven't got eight or ten people to sit around for half the say seeding it, so ranked isn't an option. I've also had no success trying to get it going on TDM or Domination.

There are a handful of ranked servers that are always full, at all hours of the day and night, running some very specific setups like 400 ticket TDM, 24/7 Locker, Pistol/Knife, and a few other niche setups that people like. I also see loads of plain vanilla 64p Conquest no-DLC ranked servers running, with various fiddly rules like "no explosives" and so on. But unless you're already established or have a large clan willing to play a new server all the time to get it going, I think it's really hard to build up a base of regulars for a ranked server on the PC side these days.

It's true that looking at recent numbers on PC alone, BF3 often has near the same numbers, or (as it does right now) higher than BF4. A good bit of that is probably due to the weekend a few weeks ago where they gave away BF3 vanilla completely free for anyone who could bother to download it from Origin.

Looking at the total numbers though, there are a ton more people playing BF4 than BF3. That's because BF4 has more players on PS3/360 at any one time, and also has at least as many again on PS4/XB1. So the total BF3 population is only about 40% of the total players on BF4.

If you consider "the game" as a whole, it seems like at 155,000 plus players online (at the moment, in the middle of a weekday in North America) BF4 is doing fine and far outrunning BF3. But on PC, I think the recent giveaway (which was PC only, btw) pretty clearly proved that given the choice, people will take BF3 over BF4 any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    Have you seen the new "visual recoil fix" on the weapon sights on CTE? I find it quite lame that now the red dot (or triangle of ACOG, or whatever) stays fixed even with the recoil, that's not realistic at all...
    I know you didn't list the EOTech, but that's how that specific sight works in real life due to paralax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMCztlncHyY#t=224

Translator
    ~23k players online in BF4 PC, on a Friday evening, that shows how dead the game is right now... It's dying at a very fast rate.

~23k players online in BF4 PC, on 4th of july, that shows Murica' takes priority, but not much else.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    ~23k players online in BF4 PC, on 4th of july, that shows Murica' takes priority, but not much else.
    Watching stuff go BOOM! > BF4.

Just wait till the new bugs arrive.. er heem Dragon's Teeth arrives.

Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by tarreltje View Post
    I hope that hardline atleast will be the biggest fail, otherwise we loose alot of players

+1