Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PapaCharlie's feedback

I put this in an Issue. You want bugs through the onsite Issue mechanism, or here only, or both places (please no!)

Can't logon, no password generated in email.

Here's the email notice I got. Password field is blank, was one supposed to be generated? I'm not able to logon, the service URL says Missing Credentials if I leave password blank.
    ---------------------
    Dear Papa Charlie,

Your Procon instance has been created and will synchronize shortly. Please keep this message for your records.

You can login to your instance at https://procon.myrcon.com/en-gb/kaosmonkees

.. with the following credentials ..

Username: kaosmonkees
    Password:

Please change your password as soon as possible.

Product/Service: Potato (Hosted in a microwave)
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Amount: $0.00 AUD
    Billing Cycle: Free Account
    Next Due Date: 00/00/0000

Thank you for choosing us.

Thanks,

Myrcon.

----------------------------
    IP Address: 24.5.142.121
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    I put this in an Issue. You want bugs through the onsite Issue mechanism, or here only, or both places (please no!)
    If it's billing related then through the ticket system. It's good practice.

I have no doubt we'll eventually funnel everyone into the ticket system. It's just too good when you compare it to the forums. Everyone is used to the forums right now, so I'll wait a few weeks before the "Please submit a ticket" replies on the forum start.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

This is turning into a g-damn tease, is what this is.

Tried the generated password, page hung for 60-90 seconds, then I got this error:

-------
    Unknown error while communicating with Procon. Your Procon instance may be offline or unreachable.
    -------

Status page says the potato is active.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Phogues Rubber Duck
    Hmm, same issue that kcuestag seems to be having, both of you needed new generated passwords, though for different issues.

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Hmm, same issue that kcuestag seems to be having, both of you needed new generated passwords, though for different issues.
    Yeah, mine was due to having space in the username.
    Last edited by kcuestag; 26-05-2014 at 18:50.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Tester
    Tried to change my password, it comes up with a pink box with a red X in it, and doesnt tell you anything in the box!(red X is always bad tho!)
    Password does not change, though the one you were originally assigned still works.
    I will disregard the email asking me to change password asap currently

Could the My Services view have the link to the peeler associated with my potato? E.g., for my one Procon Service - Potato (Hosted in a microwave), it would be great to have a reminder that I use https://procon.myrcon.com/en-gb/kaosmonkees to connect.

I still can't connect, still getting timeout. I filed a Ticket. Probably cron's disease, but someone needs to check.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 27-05-2014 at 20:26.

Nice. I really like the Outliers panel on the Dashboard. Is a plugin driving that, or is that built in? Will need a way to customize it, like, don't show me ping outliers, or, only flag 2 sigma+ for KDR, etc.

I won't file a bug, since it is cosmetic, but the RWD for the Outliers panel is, well, non-responsive. I couldn't see the text due to wrapping per-cell until I maximized my browser window.

Chat log function is nice, with ability to click on player name to kick/kill/ban. Chat filtering of, for example, commo rose stuff, can't come soon enough. Or do you want to deliver that as a sample plugin? That's assuming there is such a thing as a peeler plugin.

Also looks like browser back button is respected for everything I tried, which is good.

FEATURE REQUEST: The country heat map is awesome. I would like a maplist heatmap as well, so I can see which map/modes attract the most players. For both, I'd like a 24 to 36 hour playback, so I can see what times attract to most players to what and where. Or make peeler plugins available and we'll do it.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Nice. I really like the Outliers panel on the Dashboard. Is a plugin driving that, or is that built in? Will need a way to customize it, like, don't show me ping outliers, or, only flag 2 sigma+ for KDR, etc.
    Hardcoded. Not customisable, at least that's what I've understood from talking to phogue about it a few weeks back. All done by kangaroo-magic :P

Chat log function is nice, with ability to click on player name to kick/kill/ban. Chat filtering of, for example, commo rose stuff, can't come soon enough. Or do you want to deliver that as a sample plugin? That's assuming there is such a thing as a peeler plugin.
    IIRC, the commo rose messages will be dropped completely (without a setting to toggle it). Still a TODO for the future though, since getting everything to work and be stable is more important ATM.

FEATURE REQUEST: The country heat map is awesome. I would like a maplist heatmap as well, so I can see which map/modes attract the most players. For both, I'd like a 24 to 36 hour playback, so I can see what times attract to most players to what and where. Or make peeler plugins available and we'll do it.
    That would most likely be a use-case for a UI created by plugins, since they are basically free to do whatever they want (and can with HTML + JS + AngularJS).

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Who?
    No options now or in the future. I'd rather make something that makes sense rather than something that needs a certain set of options selected to make sense.

Every time I put an option in it means I have to support two methods of achieving something and I generally don't agree with one of the ways.

The background for the top player list shows what map is being played behind the overall player count metric at https://procon.myrcon.com/en-gb/demo...2-eb62f26e76cd

However, I've just noticed that it's not changing colour which is problematic. If you mouse over the top chart you'll see the proper map name though. It is supposed to be colour coded to a hash of a gamemode/mapname, so you can eyeball when a map changes and the player count drops.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.