Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    I was stewing on that, and figured any logo would be done in stencil(?) format. Like how Borderlands looks. I can't think of the correct name. I don't think I ever knew the art name.
    "Cel shading" is what you are looking for. From "cel animation", short for celluloid.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Potato is awesome, but peeler not so much. I would have preferred masher. There's even some logic to it, since the UI is a mash-up of pods and such.
    Nick wants the gsp panel where to reset your instance to be https://farmland.myrcon.com. So that's happening as well.

I thought masher too, but I wanted to save that for something 'big', while peeler (or something like that) is used for something delicate while sticking with the theme.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Phogues Rubber Duck
    sacks.myrcon.com is clearly the answer. Or a slight adaptation of nicks suggestion. Austria.myrcon.com

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    sacks.myrcon.com is clearly the answer. Or a slight adaptation of nicks suggestion. Austria.myrcon.com
    LOL. Give that man a new crayon.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    Update on various bits..

We're still sticking with procon.myrcon.com for the ui though. Since that is the product as a whole and we just needed a method to identify the two distinct sub-projects.

It may be shortened to farm.myrcon.com because shorter names are betterer.

I have not touched the docs in a few days. I may find some time tomorrow to just put in some links to examples on github with a one-liner about what they demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by phogue View Post
    update on various bits..

We're still sticking with procon.myrcon.com for the peeler though. Since that is the product as a whole and we just needed a method to identify the two distinct sub-projects.

It may be shortened to farm.myrcon.com because shorter names are betterer.

I have not touched the docs in a few days. I may find some time tomorrow to just put in some links to examples on github with a one-liner about what they demonstrate.
    fyp

Super Moderator
    I think you should reconsider your naming - very funny now but in the future will kill us all off.

Evidence of the difficulties we have now...

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....389#post102389

Imagine that discussion talking potatoes and peelers
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Who?
    It's to separate the project during bug reports more than brand recognition. It's different enough from #1 that we need the distinction when people ask for support so we know what they are talking about.

We will have people say "I can't login to my Layer" referring to the peeler. It's inevitable.

I would also hope this iteration of the software isn't nearly as difficult to setup for end users.

(I have a suspicion of being wound-up here, but in case it's legit ...)

You know, I think I disagree that peeler/potato will cause more confusion. I've often wanted to try commonplace names for technical concepts that tend to get overloaded onto existing names like "client" and "server", to give people at least a basic sense of the relationship between the two. Particularly when most people don't know the basic concepts, like client and server.

Potato and peeler do suggest a relationship that most English-speaking people will intuitively understand. There might be a danger of reading too much into it, of course, like, "Does the peeler remove my layer from the potato?" But I think I'd rather have that kind of confusion over endlessly explaining what UI vs Instance means.

Super Moderator
    Me ? wind up ? I don't have time to joke about though that thread is a classic and I think I can hear your head banging on the desk.

Surely you cant be serious, if host and client had been used in the beginning, then the discussions may have been a bit easier.

You setup your hosted/24 hour procon as a host - then you setup your home procon as a client which connects to your host procon

as opposed to:
    You setup your hosted/24 hour procon as a layer, then you setup you home procon the same but connect to the layer procon

and now

You setup your hosted/24 hour potato, then you setup you home peeler the same but connect to the potato

And yes - I wont call you Shirli
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?