The one and only Bassyboy

2014-04-03 - PapaBassies Feedback

My Feedback:

1. Chat Tab
    - Option to filter out the Commo Rose messages
    - I would rather see absolute timestamps
    - Clicking on a player's name brings you to the player's page. I would love to see the latest (up to 50?) messages of this player here

2. Events Tab
    At the moment I'm missing the event tab with kill / disconnect / join information.
    I would like to see options to select the events you want to see here:
    1. Kill
    2. Kick
    3. Ban
    4. Join / Leave
    5. Player Chat
    6. Admin Say / Yell

Maybe even searching / filtering on events by player name?

3. Security
    I don't understand any of this. No idea how to make sub-accounts for my admins

4. Packages
    Will these packages be updated automatically, or is user interaction always needed?
    Would be awesome if, for instance, logging in would trigger an auto update for the core-packages.

That's it, for now.

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    My Feedback:

1. Chat Tab
    - Option to filter out the Commo Rose messages
    - I would rather see absolute timestamps
    - Clicking on a player's name brings you to the player's page. I would love to see the latest (up to 50?) messages of this player here
    Commo Rose messages are going to be nuked at the protocol level when I get around to it. No options.

You won't see absolute timestamps.

The player panel will probably have the last 5 somethings for the player updated in real time, but the history page will be searchable enough.

2. Events Tab
    At the moment I'm missing the event tab with kill / disconnect / join information.
    I would like to see options to select the events you want to see here:
    1. Kill
    2. Kick
    3. Ban
    4. Join / Leave
    5. Player Chat
    6. Admin Say / Yell

Maybe even searching / filtering on events by player name?
    http://procon-beta-1.myrcon.com/11clan#/history

It works on a tagging search, so every object for an event is parsed and strings pulled out. It means you can search by ip address, player guid, protocol type (game name), connection guid, name, role, weapon, action, event type, team name, map name, chat words, killer name, victim name, guy standing next to killer/victim name, country name - any string attached to an event.

It's feasible for you to find people from Australia killing with rocket launchers on Shanghai ["Shanhai", "PlayerKill", "Australia", "Rocket"] or something.

I had to turn off event logging because our 500mb database got filled this afternoon. At the moment I was still recording raw objects I use for processing, not cutting back all the fat they contain for storage. Fixing this first is a priority over displaying the data.

I don't know how long we will hold onto the history as of yet. It might be we hold onto certain event types longer. It depends how much I can cut back and how much we see populated servers recording.

I hope to have a detailed history of literally everything that happens on your servers up to a week, then we might cull it down to just the highlights. It might be that paying customers get a longer history. I don't know yet.

3. Security
    I don't understand any of this. No idea how to make sub-accounts for my admins
    What have you tried? Did you preheat to 180? Have you drained the oil yet?

There's two buttons per panel and only one of them says Create

4. Packages
    Will these packages be updated automatically, or is user interaction always needed?
    Would be awesome if, for instance, logging in would trigger an auto update for the core-packages.
    No, but more than likely the service we host will restart once a day which will update Core/Core.Shared.

Pro-tip because you'll be seeing several updates per day for the next month: update any package other than Core/Core.Shared. They get updated every restart/install of other packages anyway.

There are no packages what you might define as core-packages (or preinstalled plugins for instance). I'm not shipping with any plugins, protocols etc. installed because that means I absolutely need to maintain them along with the main application. It gets very tiring.

Your install on the server side does not even include Core/Core.Shared. They are installed on first startup.

You're not my real PapaCharlie. Make your own damn thread.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

2014-04-04 - PapaBassies Feedback

Not sure what changed or broke it: but I can't login any more
    "Invalid username or password"

I updated the three updated packages today and after that... I noticed my servers were gone.
    Logged out... Restarted the service... and was unable to login again.

Who?
    Not sure what changed or broke it: but I can't login any more
    "Invalid username or password"

I updated the three updated packages today and after that... I noticed my servers were gone.
    Logged out... Restarted the service... and was unable to login again.
    This problem exists at the moment where a package isn't unloaded properly, but an update proceeds. It's happened a lot less given that I shutdown the process if the AppDomain couldn't be unloaded for any reason. I can't explain exactly how your instance got into this position.

I assume in the code that only a single version of a package is installed, which is an error itself. I will change this to seek out the latest version of a package and load this. Your install is attempting to load the latest Procon.Core.dll but the older Procon.Core.Shared.dll, but Procon.Core.dll relies on changes made in the latest and isn't having a good time with it.

Who?
    It looks like I'll need to reinstall your instance. Your login passwords should be identical to the one emailed to you when you signed up.

I've enabled backups in GSP-Panel, but I have not automated them yet. I will wait until the new server/setup to detail it all.

Browsing through the UI I started missing vital information about the maps, rounds & game mode.

The current map & game mode only shows on the dashboard at the connections.
    I would like to see that information on the following pages as well:

1. Server overview page
    2. Chat page
    3. Events page (when it's there)

Rounds are not displayed anywhere yet.

Whishlist:
    Edit game server connection details while keeping all your configs & plugin settings.
    (at the moment you can only create or delete a connection)

Who?
    Whishlist:
    Edit game server connection details while keeping all your configs & plugin settings.
    (at the moment you can only create or delete a connection)
    I have ignored anything that begins with Wish/Request/Feature for several years. I also never respond to posts that say "Thanks in advance". I'm already thanked so they can go fuck themselves.

This is asked for a lot and if it's not in now, then it's not in for good reason. The biggest reason: it's rare to change these details.

This time around a connection guid is generated based on the hostname/port used. It's possible for one to be edited and the other maintained so a unique identifier isn't dependant on the data, but I still have it generated each time the connection is added at the moment.

It would always be a fairly volatile identifier. One day a patch will be released and this guid is forgotten for some reason. The connection details are added and a new identifier generated, which they would then have empty settings for everything.

It means that one year from now when a bad patch is released, or some one patches something they thought wouldn't effect another-something (this is pure hell in #1 right now) people would lose settings for seemingly no reason.

Being able to use an identifier for one thing and mean another, especially one based on the hash of something, then means you:
    1) Update details of connection with hash("1.1.1.1:5000") = 1 to be "1.2.3.4:6000".
    2) Add new connection of hash("1.1.1.1:5000") = 1

So you end up with two connections with different data..

All of the above is why you don't have a "change protocol type, ip, port". Changing password isn't implemented but should be okay.

I'd rather introduce something to clone the settings from one connection to another. If this is done then you can add a new connection and clone the old.

If the above is done then it could be possible for us to include a command to add a new connection (ignoring limits on connections), clone from the old connection and finally delete the old connection. If that occurs then you would lose your stats/history within the UI and it would need to be made clear to the user what is about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    I'd rather introduce something to clone the settings from one connection to another. If this is done then you can add a new connection and clone the old.
    FWIW, that's the use case I make the most use of. For example, a volunteer gives me three IP/port/password sets for test servers I want to connect to. The password is invariably the same and only the port or the last digit of the IP address changes for each connection. If I had a fast way to bang those out with minimal retyping, that would be great.

I'm not saying that'a s common use case, just how cloning would help me.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    The biggest reason: it's rare to change these details

Changing password isn't implemented but should be okay.
    The reason I asked is not because of server IP or Port change, rather an RCON pass change.
    I change my passwords quite frequently.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.