Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Log

Who?

Change Log

I'll just keep updating this post with changes I make. Seems easier than all these threads.

Since we'll be moving quick on changes I won't be referencing version numbers. I'm just grouping stuff together by date.

03/04/2014
    • [UI] Removed unused information from statistics recording
    • [UI] Added naval strike
    • [C#] Added support for naval strike
    • [UI] Restyled mini chat
    • [UI] Mini chat now displays new messages, but hides until it's input box is focused on.
    • [UI] Support for minified version of the left-hand menu
    • [UI] Disabled event logging. The small database and lack of optimizations was having issues.
    • [UI] Minor optimizations to event processing
    • [UI] Added splash loading screen
    • [Admin] Secured contractor for copy work writing emails and formalizing text in the UI.

04/04/2014
    • [UI] player list updates now only sends modified data to clients. This will reduce the data sent from UI -> Client a lot on 64 player servers. Less data, less processing = more time for fun.
    • [UI] Toggles/options/settings found around the UI are now remembered in local storage/cookie. This wasn't attached to the user account by design. You might have different tastes on your phone than on the desktop.
    • [C#] Added support for traits attached to a permission, so C# and plugins can define how a permission should be handled.
    • [C#] Added support for descriptions on a permission
    • [C#] Added descriptions from existing comments in source (you will notice they don't seem "right"). See yesterday's note about getting some one to rewrite text for us.
    • [C#] Additional lockout test so users cant set the authentication permission of their group to nothing, there by preventing them from authenticating to do anything else in Procon (guess what I accidentally did..)
    • [UI] Fix for Kdr not showing properly on player list due to recent optimization.
    • [UI] Added support for boolean permissions on the security panel
    • [UI] Support for description on the security panel (They are slightly helpful, but wrong for now)
    • [UI] Cleanup and simplification of the permission settings. There are no longer so many options/text presented to the user. It should be far less overwhelming now.
    • [UI] Hid a few more permissions into the "Service permissions" checkbox.

05/04/2014
    • [C#] Support for BF3 (EBassie)
    • [C#] Fix for missing config file causing exception and knocking out Procon.
    • [C#] Event logging to files is now off by default
    • [C#] Configs now saved every 10 minutes https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/57
      • This requires a service update in your GSP Panel >=2.0.94 which will be available when I have a few more changes to lump into it. Service updates will be infrequent in production, but the functionality is there.

• [C#] BEGIN work on https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/37
      • This task will take a couple days and involves some large internal changes to Procon. I've been delaying it. You won't see anything new in the UI for a few days.

• [UI] I lied. Optimized event handling from Procon C#.
    • [UI] Optimized websocket output. It's now grouped and only pushed once a second after all the events have finished processing (instead of 64 player move frames, now you'll get one frame with 64 player updates in it)
    • [UI] Included the player updates into angular digest. Player information/moves should update in real time. Kills are updating in the UI, but Procon C# ins't incrementing these values so you don't see anything. Bug in Procon C#.

06/04/2014
    • [C#] Continued work on https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/37
    • [UI] Included status update messages to splash screen
    • [UI] Included error timeout on websocket initiation. Now displays an error, countdown and refreshes the page after 20 seconds.
    • [UI] Potocol Types now more watchfull of changes, so installing a new protocol package should update the create a connection page quicker.
    • [UI] Moved interval crons to child processes so the main thread isn't stuck processing statistics and synchornizations

07/04/2014

08/04/2014

• [UI] Optimized collection handling, removing the top profiled method from the top spot. It's now far down the list I didn't bother looking for it. It should load faster and generally consume less cpu?
    • [UI] Updated bootstrap from 2.0.3 to 2.1.1
    • [UI] Changed most tables to lists, allowing for animations and what not. It's also a lot easier to get things to play nice in responsive design with lists.
    • [UI] Made the colours consistent across charts/labels/etc
    • [UI] Lists/Tables now have standardized "actons" right aligned, so the user has a consistent location to look for actions on all items.
    • [UI] Made the aggregate dashboard player history show three states. 0-19% red, 20-49% yellow, 50%+ green
    • [UI] Connection spark lines resolution changed from 90 minutes to 30. Size increased.
    • [UI] Removed Ping averages sparkline connection-donut
    • [UI] Player list now uses list instead of table, but looks how it did before. This will always be condensed "table-like" data but now it has some neat animations on it. I didn't have a 64 player server to profile and optimize this on though.. good luck
    • [UI] Code cleanup, but you won't notice.
    • [UI] Left side bar now goes all the way to the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by Phogue; 09-04-2014 at 01:30.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Who?
    WIP

C# requires one critical security patch and one critical optimization to be ready for Closed Beta. The Frostbite protocol requires a couple of days to get up to scratch with Procon 1, but it will only ever support the basics.

UI will likely get some focus for the next couple of days adding new information so you all don't get bored. A majority of the work last week was in optimizations for what we currently had. I will spend some time on new features/finalizing current features so they may be optimized next week.

09/04/2014
    This looks like a tiny day, but there was about 35 commits on C# today. You'll more than likely lose your current connections, need to update the Frostbite protocol and re-add your protocols. This is a major change that occurred.

• [C#] Completely re-engineered how protocol packages are loaded up. They are now in their own AppDomain much like a plugin, but the AppDomain allows for network permissions. https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/37
    • [C#] Finally added license information..

Who?
    10/04/2014

• [C#] Fixed the Frostbite package not containing the protocol information. You'll need to edit your Stream permissions once again. Screenshot below showing the two permissions you need to add.
    • [Admin] I'm off to Kojo for a few hours today.
    • [Docs] Reworked entire documentation repository. Added stubs for topics to eventually cover. See a static preview of the template at http://phogue.net/projects/docs/index.html

Last edited by Phogue; 11-04-2014 at 14:04.

Who?
    11/04/2014

• [C#] Working and resolved https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/65
    • [Admin] I've secured two weeks worth of work some time in the next two months. It's going to make this "release mid next month" thing interesting.
    • [Docs] Added basic security information

I've decided to work on C# over the weekend to complete as many breaking changes as I can. The next update to be released will break current alpha tests, wiping your entire config.

I don't know if I want to spin them back up again, or instead have some down time from now until the 20'th so I can focus on getting all the breaking changes out.

So the Alpha is on hiatus starting next update. Every commit I need to add over the next week would release a breaking change to you, but it's important that I finalize all of this now while I can.

I've noticed some of your instances have crashed anyway, and without GSP Panel to spin them back up they will remain crashed.
    Last edited by Phogue; 11-04-2014 at 17:19.

Who?
    12/04/2014

• [C#] Working and resolved https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/61 which allows for a plugin to automatically have access to the entire state of a Protocol (players, maps, bans etc) without needing to maintain a list themselves. Allows for expansion in the future.

Who?
    14/04/2014

Who?
    15/04/2014

• [C#] Patched a memory leak. I turned off all instances on dev.myrcon.com yesterday with two running at about 900 mb. Ended up any events that were recorded in memory, but ignored for writing to disk were not being flushed from the memory once they had expired.
    • [C#] Fix for frostbite player list sync not working as a synchronize, resulting in shadow players.
    • [C#/UI/Docs] Renamed C# project/namespace/files to Potato and NodeJS to Peeler
    • [C#/UI] Started and completed https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2-Potato/issues/64 so Stream/UI no longer requires access to get and modify variables.
    Last edited by Phogue; 15-04-2014 at 15:46.

Who?
    I got lazy on the change log.

16/04/2014

• [UI] Updated stream setup to use more specialized command
    • [UI] Removed variable synchronization - internal variables are no longer requested/sent to the UI from C#
    • [UI] Added "last touched" support for accounts, so we can see who is online now.
    • [UI] Added flair for regular accounts. No longer specialized vanity for developers
    • [C#] Variable controller now uses concurrent collections. I should move everything over to these instead of using lock()
    • Almost had a day off.

17/04/2014

• [UI] Player Join/List now records account player sightings
    • [UI] Added online state for account players
    • [UI] Plugin widgets now check that the plugin is enabled instead of just available - PapaCharlie
    • [C#] Added event for when an account is authenticated
    • [C#] Frostbite Move-Player fixes/improvements
    • [UI] Cleanup of "Procon", "Potato" and "Peeler" names
    • [UI] Added modal for reason input on kill button
    • [UI] Added modal for reason input on kick button
    • [UI] Added move button to player list.
      • Selecting a player(s) then pressing "Move" will rotate the player(s) around the available teams.
      • Selecting a player(s) and clicking the drop down next to the move button allows for a target destination. Requires cleanup.

• [UI] Selecting a player now de-selects all players that don't share the same connection

Who?
    18/04/2014

• [UI] Loading index now validates session with Potato (Every time you refresh, your session is validated)
    • [UI] Stream keys now use secure random (crypt.js) 64-byte strings
    • [UI] Fix and improvement for context information (player/group/connection information you are viewing). This is a pre-requisite to Client <-> UI networking improvement later on
    • [UI] Optimized flair building/re-building on account players
    • [UI] Added "Attach to new account" and "Create new account and attach player" on the player details page
    • [UI] Show/Hide player action buttons on privilege chages
    • [UI] Added player name and scope circle to player chat denoting private chat
    Last edited by Phogue; 20-04-2014 at 01:34.

Who?
    19/04/2014

• [UI] General database cleanup and functionality to clean itself of old data.
    • [UI] Various commands and functionality for searching event tags
    • [UI] Basic functionality for History panel (filtering + display). Still requires formatting
    • [UI] Fixes + improvements to the synchronization between UI <-> Instance