Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Yeah, I already asked to be drawn a picture. Zaeed said he'd try to work on it.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  2. #12
    Community Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    I have not received a response so I feel very awkward with the sense that I may be stirring the pot.

    I have the sense that Procon 2 may be very Microsoft focused like its predecessor. Will Procon 2 be happy with Apache or more oriented with IIS? With the cross-platform oriented UI, I was hoping there might be a little more divergence from C# and IIS.

    Certainly I am no guru and much of this is over my head, but my questions feel a little unwelcome.

  3. #13
    Who?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,799
    The UI is written in nodejs, backed by mongo and it's closed source.

    Edit: They're not unwelcome, but skimming over your post I would end up repeating myself. I can't extract your question from the rest of the information I've posted.

    Sum your question up in a single short sentence and we'll FAQ this thread. Wait for my response and we'll go back and forth. It will also prevent the duplication of conversations I'm having on steam and hopefully direct your follow up questions.

    From your last post, what I can imagine you're asking and possible follow up questions to get us going.

    Can I host the UI?
    No. It's closed source.

    Will it run on IIS/Apache etc.
    Node is it's own httpd, but we have nginx in front of it. IIS/Apache don't factor in here, but since the UI is closed source it won't matter anyway.

    Will C# work in IIS/Apache etc.
    C# is it's own httpd again, so it does not require anything. Download, setup and double click an executable.

    How does the UI and C# communicate?
    They communicate over https. The C# side closes all inbound connections after processing while nodejs maintains the connection for repeated event pushing.

    Why http?
    If the UI is getting ddos'd we will be able to hide behind Cloudflare.
    Last edited by Phogue; 06-04-2014 at 04:58.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

  4. #14
    Who?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Yeah, I already asked to be drawn a picture. Zaeed said he'd try to work on it.
    I downloaded a 60-day visio trial last night. I'll see what I can do.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

  5. #15
    Community Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    If the web UI is only available from myrcon, does that mean that each server's web UI database is also located on myrcon's machine? Is it true to say that Procon 2 C# has no database requirement on the machine it is operating from?

    Will Procon 2 C# have a GUI or will a web-based UI be the only method other than command line interaction?

    Will providers be able to create their own web UIs if they wish in order to tie their service more closely to customer accounts, or is the communications protocol proprietary or UI trusted host hardcoded into Procon C#?

  6. #16
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Yeah, I already asked to be drawn a picture. Zaeed said he'd try to work on it.
    Yeah sorry, eye has been making my life a bit shit last few days, long periods on pc haven't worked out too well.

  7. #17
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,487
    Procon UI <-> Procon C# <-> Gameservers

    As I understand it, Procon C# (I think of it as a gateway) is the brain, Procon UI then connects to that, and issues commands to the gameservers attached to it. Its just a console, no interface, since the interface is Procon UI.

    As for modifying the UI, plugins I think will have some control, but nothing major.

  8. #18
    Community Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed View Post
    Procon UI <-> Procon C# <-> Gameservers

    As I understand it, Procon C# (I think of it as a gateway) is the brain, Procon UI then connects to that, and issues commands to the gameservers attached to it. Its just a console, no interface, since the interface is Procon UI.

    As for modifying the UI, plugins I think will have some control, but nothing major.
    Thank you for the clarification!

    Are there any performace concerns regarding game server location versus procon c# location versus myrcon ui location?

    Since the ui is proprietary and closed-source, have there been any considerations made regarding eliminating self and third party procon c# hosting and instead make myrcon hosting the only option in order to streamline the ordering and setup process and make account and configuration management more streamlined and less redundant between procon c# configuration files versus myrcon ui database?

  9. #19
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    Are there any performace concerns regarding game server location versus procon c# location versus myrcon ui location?
    I wouldn't think so, phogue would have to clarify that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    Since the ui is proprietary and closed-source, have there been any considerations made regarding eliminating self and third party procon c# hosting and instead make myrcon hosting the only option in order to streamline the ordering and setup process and make account and configuration management more streamlined and less redundant between procon c# configuration files versus myrcon ui database?
    The issue with that is it would force us to charge everyone. Giving people the option to host procon themselves, allows them to do it for "free", which in turn increases our user base, and keeps people happy. Could you imagine the outrage if we suddenly demanded everyone fork over $10 per month to use procon

  10. #20
    Who?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    If the web UI is only available from myrcon, does that mean that each server's web UI database is also located on myrcon's machine? Is it true to say that Procon 2 C# has no database requirement on the machine it is operating from?
    There is zero shared resources between the [UI, MongoDb, Nodejs, Nginx] <-> [WHMCS/GspPanel, Apache, Nginx, MySQL] <-> [C#, C#.]

    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    Will providers be able to create their own web UIs if they wish in order to tie their service more closely to customer accounts, or is the communications protocol proprietary or UI trusted host hardcoded into Procon C#?
    They can, but I've been asking people to do that for years.

    You can make another UI for it. Provided it knows how to communicate over https then you can issue any command.

    If you put a bit of php behind it to accept incoming events then you can make a new UI fairly easily.

    Th C# side is opens source and people can do whatever they want, so putting in restrictions to that is pointless.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •