Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Who?
    https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-2/issues/62

Tokens are now created and stored against user accounts. A token is an salted hash of the users password hash, the token and an identifier.

The identifier is an ip (this would be the IP of the UI).

Psuedocode:

Code:
    // 1. Client authenticates with Username/Password, generate a new token for them..

// Generating
    var tokenId = newGuid();
    var token = randomLongText();
    var identifer = "192.168.1.1"
    var accountsPasswordHash = "previouslySetBCryptPasswordHash"

var tokenHash = BCrypt(ShaHash(token + accountsPasswordHash + identifier));

// ... Return "Success" authentication along with the generated Token and TokenId

// ... later, on next request.. Client sends Token and TokenId (no username/password)

if (TokenId == token.Id && token.Hash == BCrypt(ShaHash(Token + account.PasswrdHash + identifier)) {
     // all good.
    }
    Tokens expire if they have not been used after two days.

The token itself is never stored on Procon C#'s side.

If the identifier isn't the same, the token check will fail.

If the users password is modified (or just re-salted) then the token check will fail.

User has a maximum of 5 tokens by default. This would mean you can only have your account logged into 5 devices at the moment. I may increase this to 10. Given the 2 day limit, if you can login with 10 different devices then I envy that persons problems.

Anyway, all of this means that the UI only needs your password to authenticate initially with C#. If the session collection on the UI is ever dumped then the attackers will be able to access the C# Instance, but they won't have the users original password (or a derivative of)
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.