Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Developer
    FYI: "arschloch" is unnecessary since "arsch" will also match that.
    Keep you Wordlist clean!

EDIT: I just saw "hh"... that will also match "hitchhiker"!
    use Regex "\bhh\b" to avoid that!!!

You can have a look at the Regex Cheat Sheet if you want to understand/use them. You can use NotePad++ to try them out.

EDIT2: "heil" (= hail) will also match "heilung" (= healing) --> Regex "\bheil\b"
    Last edited by PacmanTRT; 08-04-2014 at 22:11.

Plugin Developer
    WORDLIST UPDATE
    I removed the duplicates in the default wordlists and added a few words i "encountered" on my servers.
    The changes can be reviewed here

Procon Plugin Tester
    PacmanTRT, there is silence as the player chat?
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Plugin Developer
    I don't understand the question.

But if you wanted to ask if there is an option to ignore the squad chat:
    No. Not in the Version 0.9.8.0.

That feature will definitely come with the next release. I am currently testing the feature on my servers.
    There currently are 1-2 more features in line before the next release may happen.

Besides that: There are now ~50 Servers running my LanguageEnforcer (according to the procon usage reports). It would be really nice if at least some of you could PM/post a bit of feedback. What features would you like to see? What is good? What is annoying? Does someone use it outside of BF4?
    Last edited by PacmanTRT; 09-04-2014 at 07:42.

Procon Plugin Tester
    I think the option to mute the chat player who used a forbidden word better because it prevents emptying of the server.
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Hello PacmanTRT.

I have feedback and recommendations for you as you requested. I thoroughly tested this plugin tonight in BF4 and my immediate impression was that it is awesome. But it has some issues that need to be fixed before I can use it.

Issues/Fixes

The first issue is that whenever ProCon is shut down and restarted, the settings in your Language Enforcer revert back to default. This includes all messages in section 4 - Messages, as well as the successive countermeasures and even all of section 5 - Extended Functions. Basically everything I had changed reverted back to default on restart (I tested this twice).

The next issue I encountered was trying to disable all extended functions. While it's nice to have those extended functions for people who want to use them, I already have other plugins that handle those functions and commands. When Enable Extended Functions is set to NO, they are all disabled properly except the rules command. !rules and @rules still trigger a response even when disabled.

Recommendations

1) It would be great to add all of the messages given by this plugin to section 4 - Messages, including the warn, kill, temp ban, and ban messages. Normally, if I wanted to change some messages, I would do it in the plugin itself, but if you're looking for enhancement ideas, this would definitely be convenient to let us personalize the messages to our needs in the section 4 settings. Also, the yell messages should have a setting to let us control how many seconds it yells.

2) The warn message should also have a separate private yell to clearly warn him because the chat warning can scroll up real fast sometimes or he can just have his chat off, causing him to miss the warning completely.

3) The TEMP BAN and BAN messages/reasons should be updated to include the player's name and to clarify the length of temporary ban versus a perma ban like this:

PlayerName TEMP BAN X MINUTES for Language Violations
    PlayerName BAN for Repetitive Language Violations

Right now, both the Temporary Ban and the Permanent Ban show up with the identical reason to the player (a temp ban looks like a perma ban to the player):
    Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Language.

If you add all messages including the temp ban and ban messages to section 4 per 1) above, then 3) will be taken care of there.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 09-04-2014 at 11:43.

Plugin Developer
    @guapoloko: I'm sorry. I thought I made clear that I don't know how to do that. If that changes it will be implemented.

@IAF SDS: Wow! Thats a very professional and useful feedback!
    Bugs: will fix them asap.
    Features:
    1. Almost forgot that I wanted to implement that, thanks!
    2. I assume you want an option besides "Player Yell ater step" that is triggered on EVERY warn if configured? Might come in handy, but I don't know if I got you right.
    3. On my servers I never came to a Lang-Ban (except a ban for myself/testing) so I didn't really think about that. That will definitely be part of the next release!

THANKS to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by PacmanTRT View Post
    @guapoloko: I'm sorry. I thought I made clear that I don't know how to do that. If that changes it will be implemented.

@IAF SDS: Wow! Thats a very professional and useful feedback!
    Bugs: will fix them asap.
    Features:
    1. Almost forgot that I wanted to implement that, thanks!
    2. I assume you want an option besides "Player Yell ater step" that is triggered on EVERY warn if configured? Might come in handy, but I don't know if I got you right.
    3. On my servers I never came to a Lang-Ban (except a ban for myself/testing) so I didn't really think about that. That will definitely be part of the next release!

THANKS to you both!

"Player Yell message" (the last option in section 4) should be kept separate because that yell shows up on the second and subsequent violations, regardless of how you set the successive countermeasures settings above. So for example, if you set the countermeasures to warn, warn, kill, kick, tban, it will send the "Player Yell message" to all of them except the first warn.

This new YELL option will be triggered only on the first countermeasure. The other existing yell works on all other countermeasures already.

Perhaps set up section 4 like this if you like:

(one sec let me lay out my idea for you to see if you like it)

EDIT: I reconfigured the messages in my post below, which will better handle this missing yell. Please disregard the above and see my post below.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 09-04-2014 at 14:16.

Plugin Developer
    Ah! I see...
    I will try to make a separate message for every step and add some option like "same as predecessor"

EDIT: I could configure the reason statement there aswell. This way you could put things like "this is your last warning" or "you were kicked for language... again..."
    Last edited by PacmanTRT; 09-04-2014 at 12:51.

Here's the follow up to my reply above. I went back and confirmed all of the messages you are giving now and I incorporated them into the new suggested messages.

Instead of creating a new second yell to be sent only on the first violation, you could just lay it out the way I show below if you like it. This way, if the first or any subsequent countermeasures have a warn or a kill, the yell would be sent. That would solve the issue of the missing yell on the first countermeasure.

4 - Messages for Countermeasures

WARN - Public CHAT message: PlayerName warned for Language Violation. Next time: Kill
    WARN - Private CHAT message: PlayerName: Type "!langinfo" for more information.
    WARN - Private YELL message: Watch your language!
    WARN - Private YELL message seconds: 20

KILL - Public CHAT message: PlayerName killed for Language Violation. Next time: Kick
    KILL - Private CHAT message: PlayerName: You risk being REMOVED if you continue using this type of lanuage!
    KILL - Private YELL message: You will be PUNISHED or REMOVED if you continue using this language!
    KILL - Private YELL message seconds: 30

KICK reason: PlayerName KICKED for Language Violations (Next time: TBan)

TEMP BAN reason: PlayerName TEMP BAN X MINUTES for Language Violations (Next time: Ban)
    TEMP BAN length (minutes): 60

BAN reason: PlayerName BAN for Repetitive Language Violations
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 09-04-2014 at 14:59.