Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Who?
    I have begun prototyping for an external contract. This contract will tie me up for about two to three weeks. There will probably be no development progress on Procon 2 this weekend and for two-three weeks some time in May.

I will still be dedicating a day over the weekend to setup the closed beta so we can continue testing/using/poking/documenting in May.

We will still open it up to "Everyone with a coloured name", but it should be understood my lack of timely responses to posts regarding the beta is because I will be busy with other work.

We may extend the beta by the time spent this contract.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Who?
    Those interested in what it's going to take to run this beast to begin with:
    EC2 Intances
    1x c3.large

• procon.myrcon.com (Procon UI - Peeler)

1x m3.medium

• billing.myrcon.com (WHMCS)
    • farm.myrcon.com (GSP)

1x m3.medium

• repo.myrcon.com (Team City / Nugget) (windows?)

1x t1.micro

• docs.myrcon.com

1x r3.large

• C# (Potatoes)

AWS Estimated Pricing
    Ireland

• EBS Volumes Sized Per Instance (8-100Gb)
    • 10% Delta Daily/Weekly Snapshots
    • 2.5Tb Outbound Bandwidth / Month (1Tb internal)

All up, including a large managed MongoDB it will run at about $1,050 per month to begin with on this minimal setup. I'll be looking into one year contracts and what not after three months when we know how it is going. If it's tanking then we'll switch it off before it 'releases'.

We're deliberately going this route so the system can easily scale and we don't have to worry about hardware.

Who?
    Progress for people playing at home:

Almost everything is provisioned. We've just got the ssl certificates to buy I think.

Differences from above include a AWS RDS to manage the databases for whmcs, gsp-panel and team city.

The Peeler is setup (MongoDB, deployments, monitoring etc.) and http://docs.myrcon.com is up. We were having issues with automatic deployments of the docs for the time being, but they will eventually be setup to automatically deploy+compile on all commits to the master branch of the repository.

The existing whmcs install is going to be copied over because setting that up is akin to using Wordpress where the functionality is in the files, but requires data in the database to exist and be referenced in code. It's a little bit ugly.

Gsp Panel will get installed and setup soon, same with potato.myrcon.com

We'll be shuffling around with certificates and what not over the next 48 hours. Though I don't expect any problems, I might post up some news to expect downtime or certificate changes.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    We did change the TeamCity one to a c3.large, since a single core was simply not bearable. Loading a single webpage of TeamCity would hog up the CPU 100% for a few seconds, not even speaking about actual build processes.

If you want me to run TeamCity/NuGet over HTTPS, I'll need the certificate on that server too. Furthermore, we have to decide whether we want the new server to redirect stuff (needs to run IIS7 then too and I'll have to figure out how exactly we're gonna do that) or the old one (and e.g. call the new one nuget.myrcon.com).

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT) View Post
    We did change the TeamCity one to a c3.large, since a single core was simply not bearable. Loading a single webpage of TeamCity would hog up the CPU 100% for a few seconds, not even speaking about actual build processes.
    Yeah, our DevOps guys also recommended c3.large as the minimum for Windows if you are doing anything interactively.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    We obviously missed the 28'th because no one has time

I'm a little under half way through this contract and Hubert is going to find some time to finish everything on the weekend. Everything except the new SSL certificates are purchased and majority of the infrastructure is setup. Once Hubert/Nick are completed I'll find a day to connect the dots and we should be back into it.

Who?
    Found some time over the weekend. Nick and Hubert juggled the 50 things to do, so we got a lot of progress. Hopefully the assets for my other project take their sweet time so I can get some more done.
    Here's a very brief update. It's almost there so the next one will probably be as ready as we're gunno be.

• Teamcity
      • Builds
      • Nuget packaging

• Docs
      • Still barren

• Billing (mostly)
      • Templated
      • Still needs logo
      • Still needs testing (but everything else needs to be 100% for this to occur)

• Peeler
      • Scalable. Awesomly scalable.

• Farm

WIP

• Certificates are being sorted out soon. We're revoking the existing EV certificate on myrcon.com/repo.myrcon.com/forum.myrcon.com and moving repo -> billing. We're buying a wildcard certificate for the other seven or so subdomains that have been setup.
    • Eu-1 Potato box is online and almost finished, final tests/configuring need to be completed
    • The dozens of other little things..
    • Peeler. Still so much to do..

Who?
    Designers taking too long on other contract, assets won't be available until next week. Go live's been pushed back two weeks. I've got a week+bit dedicated to Procon now

Who?
    Okay, I may get a call tomorrow and have to go back to work.

Still *lots* to do. We're using live paypal payments but have set it to 0.10 cents but if you are awesome enough to try out the live paypal system before even I have we will happily reimburse you, no questions. I wrote that deliberately for Ike.

I have not even tried the free hosting one yet, so you might be the first.

Development-wise, I'm about where I wanted to be on the 30'th of last month. This is when I would be opening it up to everyone else for closed beta.. so once we iron out the wrinkles you guys find with the setup we will open these forums up.

https://billing.myrcon.com [certificate will be EV eventually]
    https://farm.myrcon.com
    https://docs.myrcon.com

https://procon.myrcon.com [Help me write marketing stuff and select images from http://shutterstock.com]

So much talk about this guy called Hubert... I've never even seen this guy post!