Question Anyone here with Fragnet who has any punkbuster bans on their server?

Posted this on fn forum and pbbans forum but wanted to ask here and also show my screenshots of pb console window on working bf3 vs not working bf4 (not sure if diff game is supposed to look different.

Posted Today, 09:36 AM

This makes no sense to me. I have a lot of servers and no a single PB ban on them. My gsp says my files look fine and so do the logs. Take a look at my screenshot of my file directory- does this look right to you?

How could my servers have no PB bans when they are pretty populated?! The only bans in my pbbans.dat file are the bans I made.
    bf4 pb window

bf3 pb window- different font-not sure if relevant

screenshot of my pb directory (i have since added pbsvuser.cfg stuff)

Nothing here, but ManDizzy could probably help you. He's on fragnet and practically swears by punkbuster.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Nothing here, but ManDizzy could probably help you. He's on fragnet and practically swears by punkbuster.
    are your bf3/ bf4 fonts in pb console different?

Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    are your bf3/ bf4 fonts in pb console different?
    Both are black on our end.
    ____

I'm also on Fragnet. Both consoles are black. (Did you try updating procon client/layers?)

pbbans.dat only contains manual bans (should it contain anything else? I'm using pbbans lite streaming)

Asia, yes, my procon also shows different colors for bf3 and bf4. However, that might be because I'm running an older version of layer for BF3.

Regardless, there's no problem with bans with Fragnet - it's working properly. Only the punkbuster bans are ever saved in pbbans.dat file. The rest of your bans like name or eaguid based bans go to a different file Instance\Admin\banlist.txt

One more thing, when pb kicks for violations, it doesn't actually add a ban in your pbbans.dat file. Those kicks are logged in sv_viol.log.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    Asia, yes, my procon also shows different colors for bf3 and bf4. However, that might be because I'm running an older version of layer for BF3.

Regardless, there's no problem with bans with Fragnet - it's working properly. Only the punkbuster bans are ever saved in pbbans.dat file. The rest of your bans like name or eaguid based bans go to a different file Instance\Admin\banlist.txt

One more thing, when pb kicks for violations, it doesn't actually add a ban in your pbbans.dat file. Those kicks are logged in sv_viol.log.
    does my fn ss look like yours? I have no bans at all since march 1st on any of my BF4 server- that can't be right!

when was the last PB ban you had?
    Last edited by xFaNtASyGiRLx; 29-03-2014 at 02:17.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    does my fn ss look like yours? I have no bans at all since march 1st on any of my BF4 server- that can't be right!

when was the last PB ban you had?
    On my 2 servers I have only 2 bans in March...
    Like I said in the PBBans topic, if you have the PBBans kicks, I think your PB is OK.

You just caught no cheaters. It can happen to the best of us

Yes, it looks the same. BTW, no ban is ever added to pbbans.dat file unless you manually issue a pb ban or through plug-in. Cheaters that are caught on your servers don't get added to pbbans.dat file, they only get a kick from your server and it's recorded in sv_viol.log file.

PS: I can't seem to find the sv_viol.log file anywhere in PB directory with Fragnet on any of my servers. But don't worry, as long as you stream your servers to pbbans, they will be added to ban list anyway.

Edit: I asked fragnet about the missing file and here's their response. PB violations are probably just being logged into general pb log file.

That file is not currently being used by the latest version of PunkBuster.
    You can find PunkBuster's logs at the /pbsvlogs folder.
    Last edited by Mandizzy; 29-03-2014 at 05:02.