Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    Procon.

I changed as much as I could in the docs, code and references in 2011 from PRoCon to Procon
    Good to know. I will change my ways.

Procon.

I changed as much as I could in the docs, code and references in 2011 from PRoCon to Procon
    If I have to type PRoCon in code (for Procon-1), you can't expect me to type Procon in posts, that's just asking too much. That's like asking me to spell stdio with a u.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Community Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    ty_ger, didn't know you don't run a server any more. Are you in a clan that does? Can you recommend a clan that a) has admins willing to help test and will post reasonable feedback and, b) have some web application development experience? Particularly JavaScript+HTML? The latter is to help with debugging.

BTW, there are a couple of Procon test servers that you could use. My server is getting turned off at the end of April, so I'll be in the same boat. I was planning to use the Procon test servers for ... well, testing.
    Papa, how would I go about finding the Procon test servers' rcon connection details?
    If I go to the link I found in another thread, I get this response:
    ty_ger07, you do not have permission to access this page.
    Also, which type of account should I create? Free, keep the lights on, or hosting? I don't mind paying a bit for a good cause, but I don't want to screw up the developement process if I choose an option which isn't fully debeloped yet (but maybe I am supposed to try to break things anyways).
    Last edited by ty_ger07; 03-04-2014 at 23:18.

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    Also, which type of account should I create?
    Hosted. You'll be prompted to transfer money to an account, but you won't be given account details. We then fudge the payment on our side. It's the easiest method we could find for faux transactions.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Community Contributor
    Hosted. You'll be prompted to transfer money to an account, but you won't be given account details. We then fudge the payment on our side. It's the easiest method we could find for faux transactions.
    Why faux transactions? Wouldn't you like to also test real transactions?

Who?
    Why faux transactions? Wouldn't you like to also test real transactions?
    Eventually. We're not on the production system (19'th) so we don't have licenses for the "real domains" on any of the software we are using. Anything we setup now needs to be re-setup on the 19'th/20'th.

When we move to the production system we will then accept Bank Transfers like we do now for tests, but we will also have the Paypal account setup for real transactions.

It's also harder to get people to be guinea pigs if they need to pay for the privilege

Papa, how would I go about finding the Procon test servers' rcon connection details?
    If I go to the link I found in another thread, I get this response:
    I guess it's because, even though you've written a ton of code for people (Rulz, limits, SQL, etc.), you're not a plugin developer in terms of forum permission groups. Maybe one of the owners of those servers will take pity on you and PM you the details?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    Daylight saving changed over at 3 am for me. Clocks went back 1 hour. I don't think the graphs know what the hell is going on.

The one and only Bassyboy
    No... you invented time warping!

Who?
    We've moved off of the micro instance and onto a proper EC2 instance. Feel free to add your servers so we can do a little bit of stress testing before the 19'th