Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When our product got delayed for the third time (9 months total from original planned ship date), we stopped calling it the "release date" and started calling it the "internal beta pre-release" date.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Regarding Technical Info/FAQ:

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....al-Information

The FAQ I'm looking for is: Derp? Draw me a picture!

Suggestion: take the client-layer-game server diagram from Procon-1 doc and label it "BEFORE"

Draw a new diagram for Procon-2 and label it "AFTER". Map conceptual roles/responsibilities (like, where's the ban list?) from BEFORE to AFTER.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so they say, and it would help me understand how this new mess works. Particularly where plugins, well, plug in.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Who?
    An update on the timing. I have WHMCS setup, provisioning the hosted install, communicating and setting up with the UI. It's all functional, if held together with sticky tape and dreams.

However, the password isn't ever sent to the user once the account is made so they don't know the login details

I'm just working on this now and hopefully we can get under way shortly.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Who?
    The community members involved in the alpha:

• TimSad
    • ty_ger07
    • Falconx
    • EBassie

Reading on from last post, hopefully you'll have something to start breaking soon.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Regarding Technical Info/FAQ:

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....al-Information

The FAQ I'm looking for is: Derp? Draw me a picture!

Suggestion: take the client-layer-game server diagram from Procon-1 doc and label it "BEFORE"

Draw a new diagram for Procon-2 and label it "AFTER". Map conceptual roles/responsibilities (like, where's the ban list?) from BEFORE to AFTER.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so they say, and it would help me understand how this new mess works. Particularly where plugins, well, plug in.
    I've got the next few days off, so I'll put something together, as well as a step by step guide to getting the gateway app compiled and running

Community Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    The community members involved in the alpha:

• TimSad
    • ty_ger07
    • Falconx
    • EBassie

Reading on from last post, hopefully you'll have something to start breaking soon.
    I am honored to be included in that short list and I am happy for all of you that your work has gotten you to this point.

But...

I feel that I do not necessarily deserve the honor. Other than making a decent donation a year or so ago and being slightly helpful to some people around here, I don't think I am necessarily what you are looking for. You see, I don't even rent any servers currently and haven't for quite some time.

I do not mean to insult anyone or question their decisions, but I feel that someone such as ColColonCleaner would be able to give you much more useful feedback than me.

I will consider renting a server though in order to test this PRoCon 2 out. This is quite exciting and I think I like what I have seen so far.

ty_ger, didn't know you don't run a server any more. Are you in a clan that does? Can you recommend a clan that a) has admins willing to help test and will post reasonable feedback and, b) have some web application development experience? Particularly JavaScript+HTML? The latter is to help with debugging.

BTW, there are a couple of Procon test servers that you could use. My server is getting turned off at the end of April, so I'll be in the same boat. I was planning to use the Procon test servers for ... well, testing.

Plugin Developer
    Hey, thanks for including me in on this! This week, I'm focusing on a lot of my essay #2 for English and a bit of my servers since Naval Strike has come out. You'll have to excuse me until the end of this week. Then, I'll be able to read up on everything going on here, catch up on what there might be to have to know, and stay connected.

Community Contributor
    I am not in a clan. I used to own a clan from BFBC2 through BF3. When BF4 was coming out, Ihad a lot of other stuff going on in my life, was a little sick of the whole clan thing, and passed it off to someone else and moved on.

I still have a lot going on with my real job and bought a second house which I am fixing up and renting out. It seems like I have less and less time. I hardly play BF4. And so on...

I really want to see more of the PRoCon 2 interface and will be considrring renting a BF4 server over the next week or two.

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    PRoCon 2
    Procon.

I changed as much as I could in the docs, code and references in 2011 from PRoCon to Procon