Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Map Vote Plugin V1.0 - 3 July 2010

Great work on the plugin so far. I had a question though, will this place nicely with the MixedModes v3 plugin, or will all hell break loose? It'd be nice if we could get some interaction with the mixed modes plugin if you can think of a way to do it.

For example, I have my server set to play 2 rounds of rush and 1 round of conquest. If we could make this plugin only allow voting for conquest maps during the second round of rush, and only allow voting for rush maps during the conquest rounds, that would be awesome.

I agree that an RTV option would be nice, so that automatic voting can be disabled. I'd prefer my normal map rotation to go on, and if enough players decide to vote, then allowing them to do so.

How many votes need to be cast for the vote to succeed? Is there a way to change this threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue
    Quote Originally Posted by [LAB
    HeliMagnet]No idea, never seen it
    Had a quick look and couldn't see a cause, however an exception would be occurring when you abort the thread.

t.Abort() always throws the exception System.Threading.ThreadAbortException so you should wrap that in a try/catch.
    Okay, V1.0.1 will be posted with this in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Padinn
    will this place nicely with the MixedModes v3 plugin, or will all hell break loose? It'd be nice if we could get some interaction with the mixed modes plugin if you can think of a way to do it. ?
    I'll put in an option (not sure how I'll write it yet) that notifies the plugin what to do if the current gametype is X --> display only Y (and Z) gametypes. If there is only one, go right to the map vote.

How many votes need to be cast for the vote to succeed? Is there a way to change this threshold?
    Right now, if a vote is casted, the winner is with the most vote (or with a tie, one of these options are randomly picked). You want a percentage of current players to vote?

A percentage of players voting would be ideal if you can manage, but a hard number works as well. Basically a minimum number of votes for it to actually change to the selected map. That way one person/clan can't control the entire map rotation.

You can probably use an if/then function to get it working with mixed gamemodes. If gamemode=rush, then votemode=conquest...only in real code

Love the plugin though, please don't take this as criticism, just trying to help out. If you need a server to test on, please PM me.

Just spoke to one of my admins, he said that when it asks you what map to vote for, it doesn't list the map name, just a number. It's possible I set something up wrong, any idea?

A percentage of players voting would be ideal if you can manage
    I love giving admins the freedom to select how many players they feel need to vote, a percentage of the current number of players (it will take the ceiling of the number if it is a decimal) for the vote to pass.

You can probably use an if/then function to get it working with mixed gamemodes. If gamemode=rush, then votemode=conquest...only in real code
    I have something better, that will be useful for clans that aren't using the mix mode plugin, but still want a breadth of gametypes.

Love the plugin though, please don't take this as criticism, just trying to help out. If you need a server to test on, please PM me.
    I may be in touch with you then, my server is always empty.

Just spoke to one of my admins, he said that when it asks you what map to vote for, it doesn't list the map name, just a number. It's possible I set something up wrong, any idea?
    A screenshot of the plugin settings area would be helpful

You can see my settings here:
    http://freebeerandwings.net/mapvotepluginsettings.png

I've disabled it temporarily as it wasn't getting along with the mixed modes plugin too well, but like I said it wasn't displaying map names so maybe it's an install issue.

My server is pretty popular, usually full for at least a few hours every night. Let me now via PM or email me at [email protected]

I have the same problem! Here My settings and screenshot:

I don't use any other map-related Plugin.

It doesnt display the mapnames. Not in the server chat. Not in the Yess-message. But in the Yell-message I noticed a " Dot (.)" as mapname....
    [align=center]

[/align]

Re: Map Vote Plugin V1.0.1 - 8 July 2010

Just released an emergency patch that removes the exception throw and displays the maps. The following features will be worked on and are NOT in this download:

-A percentage of players voting required to pass vote
    - Control gametype votes based on current gametype
    - Option for rock the vote by a player or every map where it is the last round to be played