Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Map Vote Plugin V1.0.2.0 - 1 August 2010

As suggested here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=624

Update to 1.0.2.0:
    Should be able to see Map Pack 5 maps. I have set it up so you should only need to enable and disable the plugin once if a new map pack comes out (assuming Map Pack 6 are the same maps, just different gametypes). If they actually release new maps, you'll have to download a new version.

Map Vote Plugin - Version: 1.0

This plugin will give the players on the server the control over the next gametype (and if the vote is successful - the next map as well).
    After a defined set time once a new match is started, the players will be prompted to vote on the gametype. A list of choices will display until the player has voted or if enough votes are casted to give a winner.
    The vote command is customizable, but by default, a player can vote by: /@vote # , where # is their choice.

Please read the README, it contains important information about how to set up the plugin settings, both manually and through the custom drop down list (thanks Phogue ).

DOWNLOAD

Re: Map Vote Plugin V1.0 - 3 July 2010

Looks great!

A few things though, could you specify in the display of the plugin options how long in time the vote will last, ie: seconds/minutes. I know it might be simple enough to know already, but for those that don't know of might be unsure. Also, how long does the vote prompts appear, every 3 seconds, a minute ,or what?

Could you set it so we can decide if we would like it to automatically prompt for a vote or set it so it has to be initiated by a player?

Quote Originally Posted by pssparkman
    Looks great!
    Thanks, but the feedback from others should be acknowledged, couldn't do it without them.

could you specify in the display of the plugin options how long in time the vote will last, ie: seconds/minutes.
    See (1) in the picture, this is the duration of a vote, in minutes. This means the gametype vote will last for twelve (12) minutes - or anything you want, but I would suggest keeping the number reasonably short, or it may not finish. The map vote will last the same amount of time, so keep that in mind for duration.
    Also, how long does the vote prompts appear, every 3 seconds, a minute ,or what?
    See (2) in the picture. This is the number of prompts that will occur during a specific vote. There are three (3) prompts set, so at the beginning of the voting, another 4 minutes later, finally another at 8 minutes. At 12 minutes, the final vote is tallied. You will be prompted for the delay in between prompts as you are entering the values.
    Could you set it so we can decide if we would like it to automatically prompt for a vote or set it so it has to be initiated by a player?
    You want a !rtv command? Sure.

Image:

Quote Originally Posted by [LAB
    HeliMagnet]
    You want a !rtv command? Sure.
    That is more for if the server admin doesn't want to have the map vote start automatically, but be dependent on a player in the server to bring up the options and start the vote. Depending on how the server admin would like it to be, either automatic, player started, or both if someone might want to start another vote after the previous one finished if they didn't like what got voted.

You got to love a community, they help with everything! Thanks everyone!

i dont understand what i must do!
    i can't set any setting.
    help me please step by step!
    thanks

i get this message when disabling the plugin.??

CMapVote.DisablePlugin(): Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Hells :?

No idea, never seen it

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by [LAB
    HeliMagnet]No idea, never seen it
    Had a quick look and couldn't see a cause, however an exception would be occurring when you abort the thread.

t.Abort() always throws the exception System.Threading.ThreadAbortException so you should wrap that in a try/catch.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

OK. Plugin deleted!

Quote Originally Posted by VAM
    OK. Plugin deleted!
    Read the first post:

Please read the README, it contains important information about how to set up the plugin settings, both manually and through the custom drop down list (thanks Phogue ).