Developer

iOS Procon BF4 "Second Assault" update

An iOS Procon BF 4 update for "Second Assault" expansion pack will be out in a few days! It is already finished and waiting for review by Apple. Stay tuned...

sweet! Thanks! BTW.. I still cant see map picture in main server page where the map picture should be... for any map. Ipaid Air 32GB wifi/Verizon wireless.. iOS 7.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by bolts4brekfast View Post
    BTW.. I still cant see map picture in main server page where the map picture should be... for any map. Ipaid Air 32GB wifi/Verizon wireless.. iOS 7.
    Sorry to hear that... I'm still puzzled by this issue. I hope that this problem will be resolved by the iOS 7.1 update which will hopefully be out soon.

Developer
    Update available now...
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Sorry to hear that... I'm still puzzled by this issue. I hope that this problem will be resolved by the iOS 7.1 update which will hopefully be out soon.
    Install iOS 7.1 on my iPad Air 32GB yesterday... opened up Procon app and still no map pictures

I then uninstalled Procon app... and reinstalled it.. put in my server info.. and connected - no pictures...

Any suggestions Decker?

Developer
    Oh, no! I resign. In three years of making iOS Procon this is the first issue I really can not handle. I have no idea. It's probably one of those things that will never be solved like the Phaistos Disc or the Beale Ciphers.

Decker, you might want to check out Crashlytics. Looks promising. I am starting to develop iOS apps and came across them while looking at Twitter careers. If you end up using it let me know how it goes.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by aparthree View Post
    Decker, you might want to check out Crashlytics. Looks promising. I am starting to develop iOS apps and came across them while looking at Twitter careers. If you end up using it let me know how it goes.
    Thanks for the hint.

Regarding this bug I don't have much hope that anything or anyone can help though.

The problem is that you couldn't even deliberately create progam code that leads to the strange issue mentioned - a noticeable bug on the iPad Air whereas everything runs normal on an iPad 3. For the code it just should not matter if the user is running the app on an iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, iPad Air or whatever iPad. So imo the root of the issue must be in the OS.