Plugin Developer

Is the mute players function still implemented?

Since the possibility to mute other players in chat has unfortunately gone with BF3, there seems to be a interesting bug (or hidden feature?) where you can mute yourself:

Today I learned that when typing "True" or "False" into the chat on battlefield, it will display a "1" and not allow you to type anything in as it will just delete it straight away
    Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...hat_it_breaks/

I haven't tested it by myself yet but it would be very helpful in some cases if the "mute other player"-function will come back anytime.
    Last edited by LumPenPacK; 16-01-2014 at 12:20.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

typed True, it changed to 1

after that anything i type gets deleted. could not even remove it.
    Feeding is my job.

Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    typed True, it changed to 1

after that anything i type gets deleted. could not even remove it.
    What's in the console.log? Restart the experiment with Event logging checked in the Console log window.

If the RCON is correct and it's just an in-game accidental mute, we could workaround the problem with a plugin.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Plugin Developer
    I think he typed "true" in game chat, not in RCON. I also tried this with RCON but I didn't recognize any change.
    It might be only a client side bug.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

Quote Originally Posted by LumPenPacK View Post
    I think he typed "true" in game chat, not in RCON.
    I understand. My point is, if the RCON is correct, we can "fix" the game or client-side bug by issuing an admin.say for the player.onChat event. Basically a chat echo plugin.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    I understand. My point is, if the RCON is correct, we can "fix" the game or client-side bug by issuing an admin.say for the player.onChat event. Basically a chat echo plugin.
    Has anyone tried issuing "True" as an admin say yo see what happens?

EDIT: Nothing special happens.
    ____

It does appear to be a client side bug from what I've tinkered with.

It only happens when only "true" or "false" is typed and not in a string such as "something true"
    The event only occurs when the final key "e" is pressed and immediately displays the "1".
    This can be removed by typing "esc", however only stops upon new round.
    No event is sent to rcon