Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    i am using the reserved slots list on my server, but when it kicks players to make room for those on the list, it seemes to pick players at random (ending up with kicking players in my clan thats not on the list, or friends) and those who do get kicked, dont get a reason as to why they were kicked.

can you make a configurable text for the reason to being kicked (or a default that says "making room for member") and kick the lowest scoring player (and/or a whitelist(?) to the reserved slots list)?

The one and only Bassyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    i am using the reserved slots list on my server, but when it kicks players to make room for those on the list, it seemes to pick players at random (ending up with kicking players in my clan thats not on the list, or friends) and those who do get kicked, dont get a reason as to why they were kicked.

can you make a configurable text for the reason to being kicked (or a default that says "making room for member") and kick the lowest scoring player (and/or a whitelist(?) to the reserved slots list)?
    That's something DICE needs to implement in the server.
    Procon does not kick those players: it's all done by the server.

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post

Forget about it. DICE never added it on Battlefield 3, I doubt they will in Battlefield 4.

Such an easy option to implement, which helps a lot so people don't rage when they get VIP kicked, but it seems DICE isn't interested at all in this.
    || i7 8700k @ 5GHz || MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    Forget about it. DICE never added it on Battlefield 3, I doubt they will in Battlefield 4.

Such an easy option to implement, which helps a lot so people don't rage when they get VIP kicked, but it seems DICE isn't interested at all in this.
    You ASSUME it's easy. Maybe it's not... and maybe that's why it has not been added to BF3.

You are also assuming that it's so difficult that it can't be implemented after 3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    You are also assuming that it's so difficult that it can't be implemented after 3 years!
    Nope, I'm not assuming anything. I just replied to someone who assumes it's an easy fix.
    Well...OK, maybe I'm assuming there is a valid reason for this not yet implemented.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    more likely scenario is its so far down on the priority list that it isn't being worked on.

Option 1: Work on stability bugs
    Option 2: Work on message for people kicked by reserve slots so they don't get upset.

Which do you think they'd go for

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed View Post
    more likely scenario is its so far down on the priority list that it isn't being worked on.

Option 1: Work on stability bugs
    Option 2: Work on message for people kicked by reserve slots so they don't get upset.

Which do you think they'd go for
    Or that...

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Or that...
    Or maybe they are just too lazy to fix what's broken until someone reminds them that it's broken! Like the R39 patch for BF3

On a serious note, I highly doubt they were too busy working on stability bugs for BF3 for 2 years and couldn't get this fixed. We just need more people bringing it up as an outstanding issue instead of being DICE apologists.
    Last edited by Mandizzy; 21-01-2014 at 20:56.