Thread: Procon Password

Procon Password

I use to use Procon all the time, but haven't used it for a few months. I go and put another server in but I'm not logged in. No matter what I do, it states my password is wrong. Tried starting a new account, tried changing it under the options menu, nothing. Why is this happening?

Phogues Rubber Duck
    Where are you creating an account?

What details are you putting in for IP etc?

If its saying your password is wrong, its being told your password is wrong, you password is probably wrong.

Odd's are that you are not entering the password for the right thing.

I entered the info in like the last time I used it. I used the same screen name and password for procon as I did for the forums here. Yet, the procon log in says it's wrong.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Your forum account is NOT your Procon Layer account.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalry36 View Post
    I use to use Procon all the time, but haven't used it for a few months. I go and put another server in but I'm not logged in. No matter what I do, it states my password is wrong. Tried starting a new account, tried changing it under the options menu, nothing. Why is this happening?
    Are you using a layer? If you are, maybe your layer was turned off because you didn't pay the bill for a few months?

If you are not using a layer, you don't need a password to logon to Procon. You do need a password to make a direct connection to your game server, but in that case, you do not need a user name.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Bills are paid. I entered my server info, user name and password, it checks connection. It shows my server with how many slots, but the connection is yellow due to it not really being connected. So when I go to log in, I get the password I entered is incorrect. Is there a way I can get a password recovered? I'm using a NFO server. So now I'm at a dead end, please help. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cavalry36 View Post
    Bills are paid. I entered my server info, user name and password, it checks connection. It shows my server with how many slots, but the connection is yellow due to it not really being connected. So when I go to log in, I get the password I entered is incorrect. Is there a way I can get a password recovered? I'm using a NFO server. So now I'm at a dead end, please help. Thank you
    Just to confirm, you are not using a layer, correct? When you say "server" in the context of Procon, it could mean either game server or layer host.

If you mean game server at NFO, can you logon to your NFO account and open the control panel? If you can, you can change the game server password yourself in Easy Setup. Look for "Rcon password".

If you can't logon to your NFO CP, you'll have to email support and explain the situation.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.