Procon Addict

idle timeout greyed out since r16

just wondered since the r 16 the idle timeout seems to be greyed out have i missed something here ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

restart your procon, your layer, etc. does it show up for your other admins? how about when you connect directly?

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Have you set the "vars.preset" variable, more specifically to something like "vars.preset NORMAL true"?
    If the preset is set to "lock" values that would "break it", Procon will disable those settings in the GUI.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Procon Addict
    im guessing that normal means normal in the startup.txt now and there is no deviation so it wont let procon change it.. as i typed into the console vars.idleTimeout 86400 and it says that the idletimeout in procon has been activated but on battleog it still says normal and timeout 300.. So something is amiss somewhere

Developer
    Hi.

There is something what can easily be overseen.
    Since the last patches setting vars.preset overrides a bunch of other vars with given values.
    These values can be found in the documentation.

Now, if you also lock the preset for example the NORMAL preset with "vars.preset NORMAL true".
    Those changed variables are also write protected. The glitch is if you then send for example a
    vars.idleTimeOut the server will response OK but ignore the value you want.

You may expect a response like "ReadOnlyOnLockedPreset" but there is only an OK.

For that reason Procon "locks" those values in a visual style to prevent settings
    and seeing them no changed in case a preset is set to be locked.

Because vars.idleTimeout only response OK on a set operation and not OK <value>
    you see a changed value in Procon if you send it manually even while you have a locked
    preset. If you do a query manually again you will see Procon shows the value send back
    by the server as response.

Greets
    Phil.