Question In-Game Admin Issues

I am having an issue, Early today my server went down for some reason I think there was a server patch by my host or something, Anyway when the server game back online the In-Game Admin started acting a bit weird. Normaly I could type "/!say hello" and in chat my characters name would show up as "[Admin] hello", Now when I do that it shows up as "[Lordicon] hello" I checked to see if anything changed in procon that would cause this and I am not seeing anything.

I noticed that procon was updated to 1.4.1.3 and I am wondering if something was changed that would cause it. Anyone have any ideas at all to get admins names to stop showing as their character name?

The one and only Bassyboy
    Just checked this on one of my servers:
    typed in "/!say Hello".

Ingame Chat showed: [Admin] Hello

Seems to be perfectly normal for me.
    Server is running R14. Procon is 1.4.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Just checked this on one of my servers:
    typed in "/!say Hello".

Ingame Chat showed: [Admin] Hello

Seems to be perfectly normal for me.
    Server is running R14. Procon is 1.4.1.3
    Its weird because my server crashed or was rebooted by the host and now I am having trouble with how Admins are displayed. Is there a setting that could have been unchecked or removed in the servers setup at restart that would cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by lordicon View Post
    Its weird because my server crashed or was rebooted by the host and now I am having trouble with how Admins are displayed. Is there a setting that could have been unchecked or removed in the servers setup at restart that would cause this?
    Procon Tools => Options, Advanced tab, Enable Admin name on chat message

I'm not sure if "Admin" should be for checked or unchecked, but try the opposite of what you have.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

if i may i would like to add that im having an issue with the in-game admin plugin also.

not the same issue as the OP but rather the commands themselves.
    in the plugin details it says that if @kick [player] is used only the admin who issued the command can see it.
    however when i use that, EVERYONE can see it.

@
    Responses will only be displayed to the account holder that issued the command. The command issuer will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing" but no one else will.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow2k1 View Post
    if i may i would like to add that im having an issue with the in-game admin plugin also.

not the same issue as the OP but rather the commands themselves.
    in the plugin details it says that if @kick [player] is used only the admin who issued the command can see it.
    however when i use that, EVERYONE can see it.

@
    Responses will only be displayed to the account holder that issued the command. The command issuer will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing" but no one else will.
    Yea I am having that issue too no matter what command I use players can see it being used. I hate to say it but something has to be up with the plugin or could be something with the connecting to the host maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow2k1 View Post
    @
    Responses, not commands. As in when it says, "Are you sure you want to kick xyzzy?" That's a response.

If you don't want everyone to see your commands, either use squad chat, or if you want no one to see it, use forward-slash:

/@kick xyzzy reason

@lordicon, did you change your Procon settings as I suggested above?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Responses, not commands. As in when it says, "Are you sure you want to kick xyzzy?" That's a response.

If you don't want everyone to see your commands, either use squad chat, or if you want no one to see it, use forward-slash:

/@kick xyzzy reason

Yes I did and it still didn't work, My solution was to disable in-game admin and use Katz.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post

/@kick xyzzy reason

thanks pc9 i didnt know about the /@kick part...

Started doing it again even after disabling In-Game Admin and using AdKats. Happens while in Spectate mode watching players.