Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blaze!

Quote Originally Posted by GaWebDevDotCom View Post
    In reference to stability the Max Uptime on any of our servers has yet to exceed 24 HRS since day 1.

>NFO

My US servers are in New York and I'd be as furious as you are if I blazed/crashed DAILY.. omg. screw that! lol. I'd be ready to quit too

Like I said, I've not blazed much at all since release. It seems that most of you who are with NFO are experiencing these issues so maybe its w/e NFO uses to connect to blaze. But whatever it is, its not right.

Im with NFO and my BF4 servers are in the US, and Blazes are very rare for me. When I look at my daily and weekly graphs (be careful not to confuse normal server population decline with a blaze disconnect in the weekly graphs), I can see that I have had ZERO blaze disconnects on 11/28, 11/29, 11/30, 12/1, and 12/2. Then on 12/3, right after the R13 patch was applied to my servers, the graph shows me just one server blazed once on 12/4. Both servers suffered collateral damage from a DDOS in the same data center on 12/5, but only one of them lost players because of it (the other one survived).

Having said all this, I still agree that the Blaze system needs to be reconfigured because servers should not be dumping players after losing connection to the Blaze backend for 30 seconds. It's fraught with the issues described by Tim and GaWebDev, and just because your server might not experience Blaze events now, it doesn't mean it won't suffer from Blaze in the future (as we learned from BF3 when Blaze events affected random users).

On the other hand, BF4 is a BROKEN game, and in my opinion it was knowingly released as a broken game. The rubber-banding and lag in particular on China Rising is very irritating and sometimes unbearable, especially when some ignorant players mistake the server as the source of lag/rubber-banding when it is in fact the broken game and maps causing these issues. In comparison, my BF3 server runs in the same data center as my BF4 servers (but BF3 is on a weaker machine), and my BF3 has zero lag and zero rubber-banding issues.

Remember, it took BF3 a long time and 38 patches to get it where it is today. I still have high hopes about BF4, but mixed with increasing doubt and confused with a small amount of remaining excitement. We are on patch 14 now, and we have another 25 patches to go.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 08-12-2013 at 11:35.

This crap happens too much.

We're also with NFO and we had a ton of issues about a week back now.. I'm honestly wondering if NFO is being straight forward with us customer on whether it's blase or their network.

It's been pretty stable for about 3 days now, 1x server crash that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenell View Post
    We're also with NFO and we had a ton of issues about a week back now.. I'm honestly wondering if NFO is being straight forward with us customer on whether it's blase or their network.
    I'm also with NFO.. It seems like a NFO client or internap data center is getting DDoSed which causes our servers to blaze. If DICE handled the server disconnects to the blaze better then this wouldn't be a big problem. DDoSing is so common now a days that this current system is fail. I'm glad I have 2 servers in different locations.
    Last edited by marrr; 14-12-2013 at 22:08.

It depends on which NFO data center you are at. I'm at LA which had the Internap DDos f-ups. You can tell from the NFO event log that they (NFO) are not taking this issue lying down. It affects their whole business in LA, not just BF4.

That said, the usual business solution for this kind of ISP failure is to have a back-up ISP. If you only have one pipe to the Internet, that's a single point of failure. If you've got two independent pipes, each from a different ISP, there's less chance of one ISP's f-up shutting down your business. Costs twice as much, though, obviously.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    It depends on which NFO data center you are at. I'm at LA which had the Internap DDos f-ups. You can tell from the NFO event log that they (NFO) are not taking this issue lying down. It affects their whole business in LA, not just BF4.

That said, the usual business solution for this kind of ISP failure is to have a back-up ISP. If you only have one pipe to the Internet, that's a single point of failure. If you've got two independent pipes, each from a different ISP, there's less chance of one ISP's f-up shutting down your business. Costs twice as much, though, obviously.
    Not just internap in LA, NYC was having issues also.

So then it's the same as BF3, and only a matter of time before all of us are affected by Blaze disconnects at some point, whether from attack or from other reasons that easily cause these Blaze disconnects.

Obviously, the people who have all of their servers on one dedicated box are susceptible to suffering the most, because one attack on that machine would bring all of their servers down since they are all on one machine. Im glad mine are spread out and not on the same machine, but until the way the Blaze system works is changed, we'll keep seeing these problems.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 14-12-2013 at 23:46.