hi .. How can I Make the server Private

Quote Originally Posted by T R W View Post
    hi .. How can I Make the server Private
    With a password in your startup.txt:

vars.gamePassword "your-password-here"

Quote Originally Posted by Athlon View Post
    With a password in your startup.txt:

vars.gamePassword "your-password-here"
    You also have to change vars.serverType to Private, otherwise the set password will get an error.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Learn something new every day here. Thanks PC9.

Instead of making new thread I'm bumping this one.

Can we convert server without opening GSP control panel? I have few sub-admins and I want to give them access to make server private or public but at the same time I don't want to give them access to config file, because it reveals admin password. So if there is a way to do this through console then please share. Thanks!

Plugin Developer
    I think it won't work because you have to restart the server to add a password to the server.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

If you have a password in there and.have server set to normal does the server not just ignore that value?

I switch my server from custom to normal on the fly. Would public to private not do the same ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There isn't any option to switch between PUBLIC to PRIVATE in Procon settings. But I was wondering if it is possible to use console commands to make server private or not?

Phogues Rubber Duck
    No. You have to reboot it with the correct variables to do so in startup.txt

Sent from my Nexus 4