Infantry Only shows as "Normal"

Is there a bug with the infantry preset? It doesnt exist in procon as a server option, so i changed normal to infantry as in vars.preset infantry but the server always shows up as normal.

###########################
    # Server Setup variables below #
    ###########################

admin.password "password4theinternetz"
    punkBuster.activate
    vars.serverName "GamingAU - Infantry Only - [PBBANS]"
    vars.serverDescription "Multibalancer (Balance Only), Mapvote enabled, Country kicker, Streaming to PBBANS. Visit www.junglewraiths.net for your server stats."
    vars.friendlyFire false
    vars.idleTimeout 300
    vars.teamKillCountForKick 5
    vars.teamKillValueForKick 3
    vars.teamKillValueIncrease 1
    vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond 0
    vars.autoBalance true
    vars.killCam true
    vars.miniMap true
    vars.3dSpotting true
    vars.miniMapSpotting true
    vars.3pCam false
    vars.maxPlayers 30
    vars.idleBanRounds 0
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed false
    vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100
    vars.bulletDamage 100
    vars.nameTag true
    vars.regenerateHealth true
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 2
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 4
    vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false
    vars.unlockMode "stats"
    vars.preset infantry
    vars.soldierHealth 100
    vars.hud true
    vars.playerManDownTime 100
    vars.playerRespawnTime 100
    vars.gameModeCounter 100
    vars.serverMessage "Welcome to a GamingAU Server - Join us on TS: gs3.gamingau.net:9986"
    reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin true
    vars.roundLockdownCountdown 10
    vars.roundWarmupTimeout 600
    fairFight.activate
    vars.maxSpectators 2
    vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled true
    vars.serverType "RANKED"
    vars.commander true
    vars.alwaysAllowSpectators false
    vars.forceReloadWholeMags false

There is no Infantry preset. Instead, preset to Normal and then make these changes (according to the screenshot you posted here!)

Code:
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed false
    vars.3pCam false
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

I presumed so too, took a normal server, made the changes as per the doco, and VOILA, still normal.

I see some Infantry Only servers when I tick it in battlelog, so it obviously works, I just have no idea how without a preset, thats why I'm asking here if theres a trick to it, or if its just broken like everything else?

FFS, now its Custom!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...y-Only-PBBANS/
    Last edited by Kinsman; 23-11-2013 at 06:21.

vars.preset INFANTRY you have to have it set in capitals for some weird reason lol

I set a server to infantry only, didnt get any joiners for an hour, flipped it back to normal and had players immediately join. I've now got a server set as normal but with vehicle spawn set to 10000
    Last edited by utopiate; 23-11-2013 at 08:09.

Yeah, had an idea that preset has to exist, I3dnet have it in their control panel, and its in the doco.

Which document version? The one I looked at said NORMAL, HARDCORE and CUSTOM, that's it. Post link?

And since it will accept "Normal", why won't it accept "infantry"? That's just dumb.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Which document version? The one I looked at said NORMAL, HARDCORE and CUSTOM, that's it. Post link?

And since it will accept "Normal", why won't it accept "infantry"? That's just dumb.
    Lol, I know buddy but I have to say its not the first 'oddity' with the server files lol.

PC9 R11 Doco lists the battlelog settings as NORMAL, HARDCORE or INFANTRY as per the screenshot I posted. On that page it says that anything else becomes Custom.

Why list settings for Infantry if it does not exist?

Boo Boo in the doco and it exists is a pretty easy assumption here I think.