Question Setting up procon on gameservers

Bear with me if this has been covered. I have searched for the past couple of days and read the manual, to no avail.

We have a dedicated box with gameservers, who host both our BF server and procon server. I am not specifically looking to set up layers for admins; having them listed as such gives them all the abilities they need via in-game commands (!kick, !tban, !ban) although I would like to set up one or two layers for a couple of the senior guys.

:EDIT: I am under the impression that accounts need to be added for player admins to be able to issue rcon commands, but they do not need to necessarily connect with their own version of procon running on their own machine unless they are going to be making config changes.

If I understand correctly then the actual setup of the layer accounts is not the problem- my problem is with setting up procon on gameservers. I am not entirely sure which files are modified locally in procon that I need to ftp to my remote procon server. I have tried sending the entire configs folder, but the thing that struck me as odd was the server description in battlelog only changed to what I wanted it to be when I was running procon locally. As soon as I killed procon on my pc, and the game server restarted (whether by crash, or manually), the server description would revert.

That issue alone has kept me from putting too much faith in my setup as it is, and I would like to rectify that. I am guessing I am missing something quite obvious yet am at a loss as to figure what it is.
    Last edited by ..meatshield..; 18-11-2013 at 17:46.

procon error.jpg

This is the error I get when trying to connect to my remote layer server via my own desktop procon install. Just another thing I can't figure out... ip and username cleared to protect the retarded

You need to open up a support ticket with gameservers and tell them that you cant connect to your layer. They should fix it then it will connect. This happened a few times with me. As far as admins, you need to enable the ingame admin plugin and add their in game names and they will have admin.

Quote Originally Posted by ..meatshield.. View Post
    procon error.jpg

This is the error I get when trying to connect to my remote layer server via my own desktop procon install. Just another thing I can't figure out... ip and username cleared to protect the retarded
    Firstly, YOu have clearly entered the Ip / port on your server wrong. since it says :17030:48 .. it should only say :17030 as port.

yeah i brain farted the port (and fixed it)... but now ive got the error message that, in the manual, states the ip/port is incorrect... yet even with the ip/port listed in the gameservers back end for the procon server, i get the error message regardless.

ticket in to gameservers now.
    Last edited by ..meatshield..; 20-11-2013 at 07:42.

Make sure that you on the procon Layer server has added your game server with the same ip and port as your clients connect for me that would be 173.199.110.25:30000 you can see in my signature.

Since for BF4 Player port and RCON port is the same,

if this doesnt help you then yes ticket time, i have gameservers aswell.

So Open layer Config, Add game server with ip port and RCON password

then open procon client Connect to layers server with ip / port of layer, then admin and the password stated on your procon layer info.

It was a gameservers issue, go figure. In the process of getting everyone set up now.