Thread: Bf4 vip

Bf4 vip

Are the VIP slots working on BF4 ranked servers yet?

Thanks

No

!! PROCON SUPPORT ÜBER TS 3 > Fighting-Rebels.eu !!

PLEASE FOLLOW ME on MetaBans

Plugin Developer
    Yes. I've got a lot of people in our servers' Reserved Slots lists that are skipping straight ahead of the whole queue once a spot opens up in the server.

Procon 2 Alpha Test Group - Senior Leader Tester - Alpha Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSad View Post
    Yes. I've got a lot of people in our servers' Reserved Slots lists that are skipping straight ahead of the whole queue once a spot opens up in the server.
    Same here, they join the queue at whatever place, but once the slot becomes free they are the first to join. A bit misleading but working as intended

And what about agressive join ?

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilace View Post
    And what about agressive join ?
    I think I've heard that aggressive join is a no-go at least right now. If true, I'm not sure they intend to change it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by k4n30 View Post
    Same here, they join the queue at whatever place, but once the slot becomes free they are the first to join. A bit misleading but working as intended
    That is NOT how vip/reserved slots are supposed to work - it is currently broken. When a vip joins in, it is supposed to kick a non-vip player off the server to make room and have vip join in. So no, vip slots are not working.

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    That is NOT how vip/reserved slots are supposed to work - it is currently broken. When a vip joins in, it is supposed to kick a non-vip player off the server to make room and have vip join in. So no, vip slots are not working.
    That is how it's supposed to work if you have aggressive join set to false but I think they have that option disabled anyway. I've never had aggressive join enabled as I do not like kicking players randomly from the server even for player on the Reserved Slots list.

You are all correct. It's partially working with some bugs. There seems to be an issue where the longer a server is up, Battlelog stops queuing and aggressive joins takes longer or doesn't happen at all. Restarting the game server seems to clear it up, and since the game server crashes at least once a day, it "fixes" itself.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    You are all correct. It's partially working with some bugs. There seems to be an issue where the longer a server is up, Battlelog stops queuing and aggressive joins takes longer or doesn't happen at all. Restarting the game server seems to clear it up, and since the game server crashes at least once a day, it "fixes" itself.
    I like your fix ;-)