Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1796
    Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following error? (see attached file).

I am using msql in combination with my procon layer. So not directly connected with the gameserver.

The plugin is making the tables so i dont have to create them my self.
    I have the plugin running in sandbox and all outgoing connections is ckecked.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Contributor
    Is your host name really '.......'?

Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    Is your host name really '.......'?
    No, its not xD

I have tried "localhost", "proconclient" and even IP adress of the procon layer.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 07-09-2017 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Haagse View Post
    No, its not xD

I have tried "localhost", "proconclient" and even IP adress of the procon layer.
    The number of times ive accidentally hit edit post instead of reply to post is nuts...

Use the same IP that you use to connect your local mysql client to your database. Unless that one is localhost and your layer is on a different machine. The IP you need to enter here is not the IP of the procon layer, it's the IP of the machine running your database.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    The number of times ive accidentally hit edit post instead of reply to post is nuts...

Use the same IP that you use to connect your local mysql client to your database. Unless that one is localhost and your layer is on a different machine. The IP you need to enter here is not the IP of the procon layer, it's the IP of the machine running your database.
    So, I am running mysql on my pc and the proconlayer is not running on my pc. The procon layer is hosted by the gameserver provider.

So mysql is loccal and the prconlayer is on a different machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haagse View Post
    So, I am running mysql on my pc and the proconlayer is not running on my pc. The procon layer is hosted by the gameserver provider.

So mysql is loccal and the prconlayer is on a different machine.
    Ok in that case you need to make sure that your local PC is accessible via IP or hostname from your procon layer. This might be a little difficult as you might need to set up port forwarding on your modem/router to forward 3306 to your personal machine. You can look up guides on how to do this.

However, this means that your PC needs to be online constantly for the layer to have access to, and if that's required anyway you might as well just run your procon layer locally as well. You still might need to set up ports so other people can log into the procon layer from outside your local network, but the latency between the layer and your database will be almost nonexistent.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Ok in that case you need to make sure that your local PC is accessible via IP or hostname from your procon layer. This might be a little difficult as you might need to set up port forwarding on your modem/router to forward 3306 to your personal machine. You can look up guides on how to do this.

However, this means that your PC needs to be online constantly for the layer to have access to, and if that's required anyway you might as well just run your procon layer locally as well. You still might need to set up ports so other people can log into the procon layer from outside your local network, but the latency between the layer and your database will be almost nonexistent.
    Thanks for the replys!
    I will look into it.

Updated the main post to reflect 1.0.0.3 as the official release version.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ty_ger07 View Post
    If you haven't done so already, you should create a backup of the database. This will either by an option GameServers provides you with, or you can do an export from within phpMyAdmin.

If you make a mistake during the following procedure, you could permanently delete data by accident.

1) Stop the plugin.
    2) Stop the layer server.
    3) Log into phpmyadmin.
    4) View tbl_server in phpmyadmin.
    Attachment 3647

5) Write down the IP_Address of the new server on a piece of paper.
    Attachment 3651

6) Delete the new server row.
    Attachment 3649

7) Edit the old server and change the IP_Address to what your wrote down in step 5.
    Attachment 3650

8) Do not change the ServerID of the old server and do not Delete the old server row.
    9) Start the layer server.
    10) Start the plugin.
    For some reason I can not delete the new server from the database I get this error message when I try to delete it.
    #1451 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Quote Originally Posted by ])RAG()N View Post
    For some reason I can not delete the new server from the database I get this error message when I try to delete it.
    #1451 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

Any ideas on how to fix this ?
    Try setting the new server IP to a random string of characters instead of trying to delete the row. Obviously still remember the IP before doing so, you'll still need to set that new IP to the old server row. This should work.
    ____