Exclamation Switching between Official & Ranked mode will change your server guid/favorites

Edit: I finally figured out what had happened. I had reinstalled my servers because the stupid graphs weren't working. However, one would think a server guid is server guid like pbguid and is not supposed to change regardless of how many times you re-install your game. Anyway, good to know what actually happened ;-)

I originally posted this in this thread Official vs. Ranked? What do you run? but I think it deserves its own thread so everyone is aware. I know there are a lot of admins currently running in official mode.
    Heads up guys, found something interesting in Battlelog and I think it's by design. This applies to anyone currently running in official mode and intend to switch to ranked down the road. I had posted links to my BF4 official mode servers in my platoons. I noticed today that they no longer worked. Apparently Battlelog assigns your server a new guid when you make the switch. So anyone who had favorited my servers in official mode, are no longer favorited. I initially thought something was wrong with Battlelog losing my favorites but apparently not. I guess it is by design, which is kind of dumb in my opinion. It's the same damn server, why assign a different id to it in Battlelog just because mode changes on it? What could possibly have driven DICE to do this? This was my original link in platoon in official mode: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/dab2b0d4-72a7-4834-856f-8a0b134fef09/ This is my current server link for same server in ranked mode: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/0f62af39-ff97-4bf6-935b-b015d53ef8d1/ I have switched both my servers to Ranked mode and never touching that mode line again.
    Last edited by Mandizzy; 12-11-2013 at 01:19. Reason: Found the reason

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    It's the same damn server, why assign a different id to it in Battlelog just because mode changes on it? What could possibly have driven DICE to do this?
    Obviously, if that's the case under the latest patch, it makes sense that DICE would do this to prevent "its" Official Default Servers from being used as a means to lure players into saving them as an Official Default unmanaged server only to later have it switched on them to a fully managed Ranked server.

I wonder what happens if you leave Ranked and go back to Official, and whether you'll have the same original GUID you were first assigned for Official, or if you'll get a whole new GUID each time you switch.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 09-11-2013 at 20:56.

Anyone fancy trying this to confirm?
    Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

This is not the case. I have went from Official to Ranked and back several times and never lost my guid. That is something specific with your host, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabn0ck View Post
    This is not the case. I have went from Official to Ranked and back several times and never lost my guid. That is something specific with your host, imo.
    Same. We've switched from Official to Ranked with no loss of favourites (with i3d)
    Fruity
    Empty Map | Random Map

Want to feed my crippling Wispa addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
    Same. We've switched from Official to Ranked with no loss of favourites (with i3d)
    I can also confirm, started as official, moved to rank... no change.

I can also confirm my servers weren't moved or changed, they are still the same with same IP running on same machine. The only other thing I can think of is when they enabled server queues on 3rd. I had posted this thread in forums but no one else replied, that's when the change occurred and perhaps it was a battlelog wide change that somehow wiped old info and assigned new guids to my servers.

BTW, whoever tested, it usually takes 3-5 minutes for battlelog to reflect the change. Did you actually see your server change mode in battlelog or did you just restart and refreshed the page?

Procon Addict
    ah the plot thickens :P bet they didnt see that coming