Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question Any planned release date for BF4 Android version?

As subject says:

may I donate a few bucks somewhere to speed this up? (I am aware, that a few bucks do not cover development cost!).
    Last edited by Smoerble; 08-11-2013 at 14:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoerble View Post
    As subject says:

may I donate a few bucks somewhere to speed this up? (I am aware, that a few bucks do not cover development cost!).
    It's a matter or an android developer getting in touch with the owners of the intellectual property and then once the legal is sorted, developing the app. Currently it would seem the previous dev has gone missing, and this is why there is no android version for BF4 in the works

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    I did actually plan on starting an "own" Android app, however I fear that'll take quite some time to finish since university is way more stressful than expected...

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Hi Guys

I emailed the developer(Leonardo Marchese) of the app and this was his reply

"Yes it will be updated as soon as i have spare time, i am pretty busy at the moment!"

This q goes more towards the owners/operators of procon:

In your legal agreements, do you retain/possess any of the ownership over the code for mobile platforms?

I ask because... I cannot imagine "getting it running and working" with BF4 could be that significantly different than BF3. I'm not talking about adding features, or any of that, just changing the map names to match, and any interface whatnot that may have updated. It's a crying shame that the free sdk'd platform of Android again sits idle and alone with no support while the paid SDK of Apple has an app almost day 2 into BF4. I mean, from what I read, Morpheus (sorry if I butchered the name) wants/wanted to step up, but doesn't know the ins-and-outs.. If he were provided the code, surely he could update what needs to be, and get SOMETHING out there for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by mtxrooster View Post
    This q goes more towards the owners/operators of procon:

In your legal agreements, do you retain/possess any of the ownership over the code for mobile platforms?

I ask because... I cannot imagine "getting it running and working" with BF4 could be that significantly different than BF3. I'm not talking about adding features, or any of that, just changing the map names to match, and any interface whatnot that may have updated. It's a crying shame that the free sdk'd platform of Android again sits idle and alone with no support while the paid SDK of Apple has an app almost day 2 into BF4. I mean, from what I read, Morpheus (sorry if I butchered the name) wants/wanted to step up, but doesn't know the ins-and-outs.. If he were provided the code, surely he could update what needs to be, and get SOMETHING out there for us all.
    We do not have legal agreements with the creators of third-party apps (such as iOS Procon or Droid Procon).
    Furthermore, we're not affiliated directly with them (both developers are independent of Myrcon Pty. Ltd.) and do not own source code of any of those apps.

My plans were to develop a "Myrcon Procon App" for Android (free, open-source and developed by our team/me). However, this would require a) designing the UI and b) implementing the "backend" code (networking, game protocols, etc.). Unfortunately, I'm new to Android development (I've spent 3 years on and off coding in Java, but Android is a bit different anyways) and I'm still stuck at designing a UI, which will probably take most of the time anyways
    Being in university doesn't actually speed things up, so it's a bit in limbo currently. I'm definitely still interested in doing it, but it will take time

As you've suggested, providing the source code would probably just need a few changes to have it working with BF4. Unfortunately, we do not have this code access. Additionally, it wouldn't make that much sense for me to contribute to a close-source, paid app developed by someone else...

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

I understand that. I have (just) done all I can do. I looked him up on the google play store, and sent him an email. I pleaded for him to consider releasing the code for the good of the community, either to open-source (anyone) or at LEAST to you guys (myrcon team). Who knows what will become, but it just makes absolutely no sense to re-write the entire thing from scratch, regardless of how much, or how little 'free' time anyone has. Hopefully he will consider this, otherwise, once again I guess it sux to be an Android fan

Once again? Best mobile platform out there

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tonnic View Post
    Once again?
    Hm?
    Are you referring to the fact that there was no version of BF3 at the beginning either?
    If so: well yeah, obviously. We're still in the same situation (we just support Windows, everything else is third-party based).

tonnic is probably referring to the bad luck that has been hitting Android users for awhile now.. First with Rockstar and the iFruit. Then with Battlelog. Then with Commander.. And yeah, though not myrcon's fault, with "Droid Procon".

tonnic, I can't put any date on it, and God help me I hope someone with skill steps up and does something (faster than I ever will), but I am "learning" all I can, absorbing tutorials and trying to teach myself "real" coding (i've played, but mostly editing others' public works to suit my needs, simple stuff when it's all really there, I just alter existing data, never started anything from scratch) and hope to fill this void that exists here. SOMETHING will come, if not sooner by someone else, by me, eventually.