Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsman View Post
    once you add people to spectatelist, do you actually still need to reserve spectator slots for them, or can they just spectate and rob a slot when they do so?
    Players on the list are the only ones allowed to spectate on your server. It's as simple as that.

If you have 2 slots available, then the first 2 to log in as a spectator can spectate and no one else will be able to until one of them stops (logs out).

I may have a weird bug with this I think. We have 2 52P servers and 1 32P. We always set vars.alwaysAllowSpectators false and have 6 people on our spectatorlist.
    If I add 2 Spectator slots for them to use the 52P Servers drop from displaying 50Player Slots in Procon to 48, seems correct to me as we always allow Commander.

The weird one is the 32P Server with Commander allowed. It displays as 32P in Procon, which I figure should be 30. If I add 2 spectator slots it STILL remains 32P. If I try to add 10 slots, procon is locked to 4, and it STILL dislays 32P.

Possible server bug I guess?
    What exactly are the settings of the 32P server for these variables?

vars.maxPlayers
    vars.maxSpectators
    vars.alwaysAllowSpectators

Also, by 32P, do you mean 32 slots total (maximum capacity of the server)?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonpb View Post
    Meh why have the preset run every 600 seconds, this is what I do and it works fine... pb_sv_task 0 -1 vars.preset "Normal" also used the same thing for the maplist load when that was a bug.

Anyway going to try restricting my spectators now since it must work in R7 if you guys are doing it.
    If you never, ever touch your settings, including hands-off your map rotation, etc., then sure, -1 is fine. It will run once after every server restart.

But if you touch anything, like change your map rotation, using some interval like 600 seconds is more reliable. While changing something doesn't guarantee you'll stop being Normal, why chance it?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

once you add people to spectatelist, do you actually still need to reserve spectator slots for them, or can they just spectate and rob a slot when they do so?
    No, you have to set aside slots for them ahead of time, with vars.maxSpectators. It's not automatic like TF2.

Got it, thanks for your patience, my brain is simply refusing to wrap itself around this one, probably not helped by our servers exhibiting completely different behaviour to each other, ala the 32P that is always 32P no matter if commander and spectator slots are enabled or not.

So just to be sure before I order the next server, if I want 30 players + 2 commanders + 2 (private via the list) Spectators I need to order 34 slots yes?

So just to be sure before I order the next server, if I want 30 players + 2 commanders + 2 (private via the list) Spectators I need to order 34 slots yes?
    Yes AND you run a map rotation that allows commanders. Don't bother with the commander slots if you are going to run TDM maps only.

Perfect, that worked fine thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    CONFIRMED: spectatorList.list only returns the FIRST 15 entries entered through SpectatorList.txt. It also returns InvalidArguments if you try to specify a start index, so there's no workaround.

Phil, maybe you can bring this to Darklord's attention?

I'll add this to Known Issues.

EDIT: using spectatorList.add has the same problem. On the 16th add, the return code is Full and the name is not added.
    It goes further than that too. I had more than 15 members in my spectator list, and only the first 15 could actually spectate. The server completely ignores anything past 15... so it seems they've limited the spectator list completely.