Page 2 of 428 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Any idea how to set Hardcore now?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well I just got this from Trinity Games but I am still trying to make it work.

We are ready to deploy the BF4 R3 patch starting now. The patch should help out on the custom server showing up in battlelog . They are working on the next release for server crashes. We understand your frustration on the issues you have hand with You BF4 server and we feel your pain . We are working closely with DICE to help resolve these issues.
    We ask for the following to help us help you so we can talk to DICE directly and address any issues you are seeing. Please try to give as much detail as possible . There is nothing better than having happy customers and their servers FULL . so let's work together and get them packed 24/7 . Good luck have fun Read my PS note below..

Please note we are working adding in the new command line into our configuration editor. To set your server as normal you will need to add the this line to your startup.txt vars.preset normal must be included in Startup.txt. If it isn't defined, and any other variables are defined in Startup.txt, the server will show as "Custom". Hardcore- Hardcore still has issues you can add this line to your startup.txt vars.preset Hardcore

If you set the commands via RCON from what we have learned that will help make everything run fine but if your server crashes / restarts you will need to send that command again.

Server crashing :
    Unfortunately EA has not fixed any bug fixes for server. Awaiting next patch.

Server not showing in battlelog
    Our understanding that this should be fixed.

Server Lag:
    We have preformed some back-end updates that should resolve server lag .

Post R3 Patch & server stability seems much worse. Although DICE has said the patch was not directed at addressing server stability issues seems stability
    was impacted. Numerous (5+ crashes in last 5 hours). Prior to the server-side patch maybe 2x per 24hrs.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GaWebDevDotCom View Post
    Post R3 Patch & server stability seems much worse. Although DICE has said the patch was not directed at addressing server stability issues seems stability
    was impacted. Numerous (5+ crashes in last 5 hours). Prior to the server-side patch maybe 2x per 24hrs.
    Well, you have been lucky I guess... my servers have been crashing every half hour this evening... that was with R2.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Well, you have been lucky I guess... my servers have been crashing every half hour this evening... that was with R2.
    Yeah, sorry to hear that. Fortunately I work from home office. I have spent approximately 6-8hrs each day since release babysitting our servers and wrestling with a very broken server config release. Before anyone jumps in to "defend" or "justify" what in my opinion is a very sub-par release (at least on the server-admin side) I will say this:

If you presently have a BF4 Server and are the administrator of it then I feel that qualifies you to jump to DICE's or the game's defense if that's your take on this release. However if you don't pay for nor administer a BF4 Server then there is absolutely no way you can objectively say that many of the administrative bugs in this release is typical.

Some will go even further and say it's acceptable. Well I'm not one of them. That attitude of defending and in some cases "justifying" a severely botched up server side release is exactly what perpetuates it's continuance. The answer is not to "stop renting the servers". Those among us with very large BF4 communities like mine are in a sense obligated to put the servers up. A big solution moving forward is to not condone and perpetuate the "mad idea" that it's ok and acceptable to charge premium prices for a game this is at best 30% administerable by server admins. The in-game and Battlelog bugs and glitches are on the other hand somewhat to be expected. What I'm iterating here is my issue with the administrative related botches and the typical lack of "transparency and communication" we've seen in regards to #1 acknowledgement that there are huge issues on the administrative side & #2 any semblance of an action plan to address them promptly.

For anyone that does not understand the importance and significance of constructive, respectful feedback I just don't know. DICE Developers (*not just the one we know of) and relevant key players over there do frequent these and other well respected forums. Godspeed to getting these premium priced time consuming hogs up to an acceptable level of administration.
    Last edited by GaWebDev; 01-11-2013 at 01:09.

Out of our 12 servers (R3 now), we have been getting a crash every few minutes, it's become so bad they aren't even filling anymore...players are just saying "screw it" it seems. Some would probably be double the level they are at if it weren't for these crashes
    ____

There are servers showing as hardcore. I'm running a minimal cfg and tried the 'vars.Preset Hardcore' but still shows as custom, any ideas?

Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by utopiate View Post
    There are servers showing as hardcore. I'm running a minimal cfg and tried the 'vars.Preset Hardcore' but still shows as custom, any ideas?
    I tested this command and got nothing.
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Our servers went through fits of crashing and then a couple hours of stability. Some of it seems to be map related. Some maps crash more than others. Operation Locker, for us, has been the worst. It fills the server, but crashes more regularly than other maps.

BF4 R4 Patch !

I just received this message in my control panel

DICE has released server update R4 that is currently going out to all the servers automatically. The version update will force a server restart.

The build includes a number of various crash fixes including the fairfight rcon command crashes and other smaller fixes.

Cant wait