Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    thanks kcuestag! all my servers are now RANKED NORMAL!!

Even the 64 TDM utopiate- so I don't think that game mode slot thing matters.
    Glad I could help.

Like PapaCharlie9 says, if you don't add anything else, the server will consider it as default so it will have the Normal preset.

I'm only waiting for a server patch to fix the aggressive join (Makes the server Custom), at the moment we can't have reserved slots or queue, anyone figured if your servers got queue? Because ours don't.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

I tried kcuestag's minimal cfg but kept this var "vars.alwaysAllowSpectators true" as I thought I needed it, however it showed as 'custom' still. I removed the var and the server now shows as 'normal' so it could be this var. I'll go back to my original cfg but remove this particular var and see if it remains 'normal'. If so then we may have found the culprit. Or one of them lols

e2a: nope, there something else in there lol. Right, back to adding a var one at a time lols.
    Last edited by utopiate; 29-10-2013 at 20:07.

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by utopiate View Post
    I tried kcuestag's minimal cfg but kept this var "vars.alwaysAllowSpectators true" as I thought I needed it, however it showed as 'custom' still. I removed the var and the server now shows as 'normal' so it could be this var. I'll go back to my original cfg but remove this particular var and see if it remains 'normal'. If so then we may have found the culprit. Or one of them lols

e2a: nope, there something else in there lol. Right, back to adding a var one at a time lols.
    Most vars are bugged and will cause the server to go custom.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

yep I'm finding that out. The minimal cfg also works for the 'Defuse' gamemode if you remove "vars.commander "true""

I have decided to leave mine in custom as it has no impact whatsoever on traffic.

Plugin Developer
    Here's some really good info about the Startup.txt that I posted over @ the NFO forums in case anybody has missed it. It's all the variables that'll work and still allow Normal preset to work AND the effect this has on vars.gameModeCounter...

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/vie...p=49770#p49770

Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    hey athlon- that config you posted- it says friendly fire true. is this for hardcore?
    Yes - we play hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    I have decided to leave mine in custom as it has no impact whatsoever on traffic.
    ++1

Plugin Developer
    ^ Strange! I've found it a bit easier to get my servers populated with them at Normal preset. It would make sense too since, by default, that filter is selected in the server browser.

At this point, other than OFFICIAL and big community servers like REDDIT, I think filling a server is pretty much total luck. Mostly due to all the crashing. People just go to whatever looks interesting, even if its empty, just to "look around", then it only needs 4 dudes like that to start the server. That's what (apparently) has been happening to mine. We're in the honeymoon period we're getting free seeders. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.