Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    Doesn't matter what I try, it refuses to show as "Normal" preset mode. Does anyone have their server show up as normal in Battlelog and care to share your startup file?
    I was coming here to post this. I copied what you have for ranked but it shows up as "custom"

I tried PC9's config and server didn't even start :P (most likely cause he is NFO and we are fragnet)

Translator
    Normal + Ranked mode for Conquest Large:

Code:
    # This file is to be editable by the server administrator.
    # It can contain any remote administration commands that are to be run during game server startup.
    admin.password "**************"
    vars.serverName "Oaks Clan|ESP|Bienvenidos a Battlefield 4|"
    vars.serverDescription "Oaksclan.com - Registrate para Presentarte!"
    vars.servermessage "Bienvenidos al servidor de OaksClan, disfruta del juego!"
    punkBuster.activate
    vars.maxSpectators "4"
    vars.commander "true"
    vars.maxPlayers "64"
    vars.bannerUrl "http://i.imgur.com/Vczzgu2.png"
    vars.serverType "Ranked"

Nothing fancy, as simple as I could make it and works for Normal + Ranked.

I'd like to turn on "reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin" so that Reserved Slots work, but sadly that makes the server go into Custom Preset, so looks like we have no Reserved Slots for now.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzy View Post
    Doesn't matter what I try, it refuses to show as "Normal" preset mode. Does anyone have their server show up as normal in Battlelog and care to share your startup file?
    Yep same here. I have a 48 slot server running Rush. Although the startup.txt is set up for 'normal' it shows as custom. I did hear it may be that it's because of the slot count ie rush is designed for 32 rather than 48 players. Anyone confirm this. I can post my cfg but there is no difference to what has already been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    Normal + Ranked mode for Conquest Large:

Code:
    # This file is to be editable by the server administrator.
    # It can contain any remote administration commands that are to be run during game server startup.
    admin.password "**************"
    vars.serverName "Oaks Clan|ESP|Bienvenidos a Battlefield 4|"
    vars.serverDescription "Oaksclan.com - Registrate para Presentarte!"
    vars.servermessage "Bienvenidos al servidor de OaksClan, disfruta del juego!"
    punkBuster.activate
    vars.maxSpectators "4"
    vars.commander "true"
    vars.maxPlayers "64"
    vars.bannerUrl "http://i.imgur.com/Vczzgu2.png"
    vars.serverType "Ranked"

Nothing fancy, as simple as I could make it and works for Normal + Ranked.

I'd like to turn on "reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin" so that Reserved Slots work, but sadly that makes the server go into Custom Preset, so looks like we have no Reserved Slots for now.
    this is all you have in your configs?? where's the rest of the stuff?

@kcuestag that minimal startup works - thanks. Now I'm going to try adding additional stuff one by one and see where it craps out. 100 restarts coming right up ;-)

Procon Addict
    has anyone got a config for i3d.net please

Quote Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx View Post
    this is all you have in your configs?? where's the rest of the stuff?
    If you don't set it, it should use the default.

You should find the minimal set that works and let everything else be default. If you combine the bold items and the two lines from my post, that should be all you need. That's even less than @kcuestag's.

Known to cause trouble is vars.idleTimeout, so don't set it.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

I did try a very minimal cfg on my 48 slot rush but still returned as 'custom'. Maybe adds weight to the idea that deviations from the set slot counts per gamemode does affect it.

thanks kcuestag! all my servers are now RANKED NORMAL!!

Even the 64 TDM utopiate- so I don't think that game mode slot thing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by utopiate View Post
    I did try a very minimal cfg on my 48 slot rush but still returned as 'custom'. Maybe adds weight to the idea that deviations from the set slot counts per gamemode does affect it.
    I agree, but it is not consistent. You can set TDM to 64, even though recommended is 20.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.