Thread: Ping

Ping

Hi Decker,

Do you think its possible to add player's Ping on the app ?

regards

Sent from my iPhone usingTapatalk 2

Developer
    Possible - yes,
    troublesome - for sure,
    worth one's while - maybe not.

The trouble with the ping info is how it was implemented into the rcon. All info displayed in the player list now is all acquired at once for all players using the admin.playerList rcon command. For the ping DICE invented an extra request command which has to be send for each player individually to receive ping information for all players - meaning in the worst case that is 64 rcon commands and 64 answers just to update the ping information once. So overall the iPhone would have to send 65 commands instead of one to update the players list if we wanted to integrate the display of the ping. This could cause some serious connection lag especially when you're not connected over wifi but over a 3G or even worse connection.

I was hoping no one would ask, you're actually the first person to request it.

Ping

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Possible - yes,
    troublesome - for sure,
    worth one's while - maybe not.

The trouble with the ping info is how it was implemented into the rcon. All info displayed in the player list now is all acquired at once for all players using the admin.playerList rcon command. For the ping DICE invented an extra request command which has to be send for each player individually to receive ping information for all players - meaning in the worst case that is 64 rcon commands and 64 answers just to update the ping information once. So overall the iPhone would have to send 65 commands instead of one to update the players list if we wanted to integrate the display of the ping. This could cause some serious connection lag especially when you're not connected over wifi but over a 3G or even worse connection.

I was hoping no one would ask, you're actually the first person to request it.
    Yeah I thought if it was easy to implement it, you'll have already done it'
    thank you for explaining anyway, its already a great tool for me
    Last edited by rasvib; 30-07-2013 at 20:01.