Page 722 of 724 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724 LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 7235

challenge system

Ok, Colo. I should be out of questions soon this might be my last, using your built-in challenge system which I really like when you select the reward reserved slot does that automaticlly make them a VIP? I use VSM and want to make sure if they win that VSM gets the info or not. If not is there a way I could do it this way?. Thanks again Colo. you been big help through this whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by xloneshadowx View Post
    Ok, Colo. I should be out of questions soon this might be my last, using your built-in challenge system which I really like when you select the reward reserved slot does that automaticlly make them a VIP? I use VSM and want to make sure if they win that VSM gets the info or not. If not is there a way I could do it this way?. Thanks again Colo. you been big help through this whole thing
    Yes, people call reserved slots 'vip' in some other plugins, but it basically just looks at the list of reserved slots on the server. You can confirm that the other plugin will see the winners just by looking at the reserved slot list in procon. When a player wins a challenge the winning amount of reserved slot (or any other reward) is added to whatever they already had. So if they win two challenges in a row that individually reward 12 hours of reserved slots they will have 24 hours total after that.
    ____

Great Thank you very much ColColonCleaner you're welcome in my servers anytime!!

whenever a server crashes, adkats posts a message saying so and includes how many players lost. just curious if these are stored anywhere in the database or do they just show once when the event happens.
    Last edited by sixpax12; 02-12-2018 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    whenever a server crashes, adkats posts a message saying so and includes how many players lost. just curious if these are stored anywhere in the database or do they just show once when the event happens.
    Usually the server has a 'player left' event that signals AdKats to remove said player from the player list. During a server crash or other oddity that leave message doesn't fire, the next player list event from the server just doesn't contain a bunch of players. If more than half of the current players in the server drop without a leave event during a single player list it assumes the server crashed or blaze disconnected (I don't confirm server uptime to distinguish between the two, only care about players lost).

That server crash message is posted to the database as an admin call, command ID/action 20, source name AdKats.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Usually the server has a 'player left' event that signals AdKats to remove said player from the player list. During a server crash or other oddity that leave message doesn't fire, the next player list event from the server just doesn't contain a bunch of players. If more than half of the current players in the server drop without a leave event during a single player list it assumes the server crashed or blaze disconnected (I don't confirm server uptime to distinguish between the two, only care about players lost).

That server crash message is posted to the database as an admin call, command ID/action 20, source name AdKats.
    thank you for most impressive response (as always and unlike some others in these forums ). is there a particular table they are written into to narrow my search ?

Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    thank you for most impressive response (as always and unlike some others in these forums ). is there a particular table they are written into to narrow my search ?
    No reason to bad-mouth anyone here, especially this late in the game. We're all here to help in our free time, limited as that may be.

It's in the adkats_records_main table.

select * from adkats_records_main where command_action = 20 and source_name = 'AdKats' and record_message like "%crash%" order by record_id desc

Should list your crashes from latest to earliest. I wrote that freehand so take it with a grain of salt.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    No reason to bad-mouth anyone here, especially this late in the game. We're all here to help in our free time, limited as that may be.

It's in the adkats_records_main table.

select * from adkats_records_main where command_action = 20 and source_name = 'AdKats' and record_message like "%crash%" order by record_id desc

Should list your crashes from latest to earliest. I wrote that freehand so take it with a grain of salt.
    thanks. was not bad mouthing anyone ... was simply thanking you for the incredible support you provide when folks ask questions.

Well my first winner of a challenge happened earlier and adkats put him in the Verbose Reserved Slot group but that's it. VIP Slot manager didn't pick it up and I don't see his name in Procon reserved list. I have adkats settings to feed server reserved slot to false because I am using VSM and like I said I thought VSM would get the info of the winner so he could also get the perks from VSM. So would I inquire about this in here or the VSM thread?

Quote Originally Posted by xloneshadowx View Post
    Well my first winner of a challenge happened earlier and adkats put him in the Verbose Reserved Slot group but that's it. VIP Slot manager didn't pick it up and I don't see his name in Procon reserved list. I have adkats settings to feed server reserved slot to false because I am using VSM and like I said I thought VSM would get the info of the winner so he could also get the perks from VSM. So would I inquire about this in here or the VSM thread?
    If you have feed server reserved slots off then they won't ever get pushed to the server, so that reward would be broken. What do you have in VIP slot manager that AdKats doesn't cover?
    ____