Page 733 of 738 FirstFirst ... 233633683723731732733734735 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 7374
    Ok, but if their name is different on discord from their in-game name do I have to do it or does it still recognize the name. That's something that has me confused is how adkats recoginezs the player and discord

Hey, I'd like to request a feature for the ban enforcer. Its to prevent the intentional server crashing that's being going on recently. Many BF3 servers have come under attack.

Here's the idea: We need to be able have a list of bans that remain on the regular server banlist(banlist.txt on the actual game server) that the ban enforcer does not handle. The way it works now, any ban that is on the list is automatically deleted and instead put in the database to be handled by the ban enforcer. This is because there is a slight delay between a banned account connecting to the server, and getting booted by Ban Enforcer. The server crashes are caused by certain accounts connecting to the server. With the slight delay of the ban enforcer, the server crashes even before the banned account that causes it is kicked. This is not the case with the regular banlist, it kicks them quickly enough to prevent the crash.

Here's what I've gathered about how they crash the servers. The server does not actually crash, but the effect is the same, all players are immediately disconnected from the server. They use a modded server to boost the stats of the accounts they own to an extreme degree. Once the stats are extreme enough, it causes any server(i think it doesn't affect unranked servers, actually) that the account connects to to immediately drop all players' connections.
    Last edited by dataXploit; 27-02-2019 at 19:33.

Quote Originally Posted by dataXploit View Post
    Hey, I'd like to request a feature for the ban enforcer. Its to prevent the intentional server crashing that's being going on recently. Many BF3 servers have come under attack.

Here's the idea: We need to be able have a list of bans that remain on the regular server banlist(banlist.txt on the actual game server) that the ban enforcer does not handle. The way it works now, any ban that is on the list is automatically deleted and instead put in the database to be handled by the ban enforcer. This is because there is a slight delay between a banned account connecting to the server, and getting booted by Ban Enforcer. The server crashes are caused by certain accounts connecting to the server. With the slight delay of the ban enforcer, the server crashes even before the banned account that causes it is kicked. This is not the case with the regular banlist, it kicks them quickly enough to prevent the crash.

Here's what I've gathered about how they crash the servers. The server does not actually crash, but the effect is the same, all players are immediately disconnected from the server. They use a modded server to boost the stats of the accounts they own to an extreme degree. Once the stats are extreme enough, it causes any server(i think it doesn't affect unranked servers, actually) that the account connects to to immediately drop all players' connections.
    Interesting. I've seen some player's stat pages with large enough values that they might cause overflow, they overflow the battlelog UI for sure. I had to mod AdKats once already because i wasn't using large enough variables to hold some player's stat data.

Modding the ban enforcer to cover this case won't be easy. Originally i intended the ban lists to exist in both places like you want and only have AdKats handle syncronization of bans between servers. Unfortunately with battlefield events being what they are this is very unreliable. Additionally, the main reason that bans needed to be removed from procon is because of layer lag. If you have many banned players (greater than 5000-10000. my group had around 40000 banned players by EOL.) the procon UI and layer itself will lag very badly because every time it needs to touch that ban list or read from it (which it does every few minutes) it reads everything. The entire layer can grind to a halt or crash.

The current ban reading script is simple. It reads everything from the ban list once it detects something new or a change, sends all that data to the ban enforcer and lets it worry about duplicates/changes/etc, then just calls the clear banlist command.

If anything needs to be left in the banlist we can't call clear anymore, we'll need to individually clear out every ban except the bans associated with these players. That could cause quite a lot of performance issues for new users to the ban enforcer. To figure out which players bans should remain in the ban list i would need a flag on their player object saying not to remove bans associated with them from procon. I could probably still call clear banlist if none of the bans read-in contain users with this flag enabled. Hmm. I can brainstorm a bit more on it but I don't have the time right now, or this weekend.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by xloneshadowx View Post
    Ok, but if their name is different on discord from their in-game name do I have to do it or does it still recognize the name. That's something that has me confused is how adkats recoginezs the player and discord
    If their name is exactly the same it will automatically link them, then they can change their name and it will keep the link. If their name is never the same then you will need to link them manually. Once linked their names can change however they want.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    If their name is exactly the same it will automatically link them, then they can change their name and it will keep the link. If their name is never the same then you will need to link them manually. Once linked their names can change however they want.
    will PB bans be quicker booting the players ?
    Last edited by IceCold; 05-03-2019 at 16:27.

Edit: This has corrected itself. Perhaps a round has to complete for BFACP to recognize the server in the listings.

Ooops. Tried adding a server and getting this.

I was unaware of any issue until the BFACP started to get blade errors if you clicking on the Listing of servers ... I disabled the last server added and that error went away. I noticed tbl_server was populated but tbl_server_stats was empty.

I disabled everything for this server, and deleted the row from tbl_server for this server. Tried turning everything back on and get this:

[17:30:07 06] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7500-A0.01-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm38: [Unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`vq37_ADKATS`.`adkats_records_debug`, CONSTRAINT `adkats_records_debug_fk_server_id` FOREIGN KEY (`server_id`) REFERENCES `tbl_server` (`ServerID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)
    Last edited by sixpax12; 08-03-2019 at 21:59. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    Edit: This has corrected itself. Perhaps a round has to complete for BFACP to recognize the server in the listings.

Ooops. Tried adding a server and getting this.

I was unaware of any issue until the BFACP started to get blade errors if you clicking on the Listing of servers ... I disabled the last server added and that error went away. I noticed tbl_server was populated but tbl_server_stats was empty.

I disabled everything for this server, and deleted the row from tbl_server for this server. Tried turning everything back on and get this:

[17:30:07 06] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7500-A0.01-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm38: [Unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`vq37_ADKATS`.`adkats_records_debug`, CONSTRAINT `adkats_records_debug_fk_server_id` FOREIGN KEY (`server_id`) REFERENCES `tbl_server` (`ServerID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)
    Yeah having stat logger create the server ID in that table is needed before starting AdKats. Although it should fail to start with a pretty message instead of that insert error. Maybe an exception was thrown during the startup and it tried to log that error. All exceptions that get thrown are logged in the adkats_records_debug table so there is a history of all that.
    ____

Adkats will not start:
    adkats.PNG
    mysql.PNG

Can anyone help me please?
    Last edited by Esccape; 09-03-2019 at 18:47.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Esccape View Post
    Adkats will not start:
    adkats.PNG
    mysql.PNG

Can anyone help me please?
    Did you run the startup scripts ?

Is your databse in innoDB ?
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Like procon forum https://www.patreon.com/myrcon/overview DONATE

The second Screenshot is the result from the setup script.
    Yes, DB is innoDB!
    mysql_.PNG