Page 697 of 714 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 7132
  1. #6961
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    nice. i thought i was drunk when i noticed that the first time.
    Yep, more will be coming soon too. I recently added red coloring to the ban enforce messages just like the admin actions.

    I'm not sure about adding colors to the loadout enforcer messages, they happen a lot and adding color to them might make it too busy. We'll see though. There is a limited number of colors in procon so it might be alright.

    The whole idea behind this is being able to easily pick out messages you care about from the rest of the information.
    ____

  2. #6962
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6
    Which url do I need for Discord integration? I'm trying to set it up but keep getting error messages for both the one copied from the HTML and from the JSON link.

    "Issue connecting to discord widget url: *link*"

  3. #6963
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
    Which url do I need for Discord integration? I'm trying to set it up but keep getting error messages for both the one copied from the HTML and from the JSON link.

    "Issue connecting to discord widget url: *link*"
    You need your discord server ID.

    For example, when you open your discord server in your web browser you'll see the server ID in the URL.

    discordapp.com/channels/ServerID/ChannelID

    Put the server ID into the server ID setting.
    ____

  4. #6964
    Hello,

    I have a question concerning the additional text which is added to every ban message. Is it somehow possible to remove the admin name so that a ban message only contains the reason, duration and the customizable additional text? I've found the option "Display Admin Name in Action Announcement" which does exactly what I want but only in-game. Thanks.

  5. #6965
    Quote Originally Posted by AC-Topper View Post
    Hello,

    I have a question concerning the additional text which is added to every ban message. Is it somehow possible to remove the admin name so that a ban message only contains the reason, duration and the customizable additional text? I've found the option "Display Admin Name in Action Announcement" which does exactly what I want but only in-game. Thanks.
    There was intentionally no setting added to remove the admin name from the ban message, the idea behind that being every player should know who banned them.

    However, i see some of the reasons why people might want to disable that. I can add a setting for it in the future if you want.
    ____

  6. #6966
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    There was intentionally no setting added to remove the admin name from the ban message, the idea behind that being every player should know who banned them.

    However, i see some of the reasons why people might want to disable that. I can add a setting for it in the future if you want.
    Some of our admins asked me if that's possible because banned people spam them with friend requests on Battlelog instead of using our forum or Battlelog Platoons for ban appeals. I understand the reason why you haven't added this option yet but (at least from our experience) many players simply ignore the link to our unban web page which we provide through the additional ban message and add the admin...

    We would really appreciate it if you could implement this setting.

  7. #6967
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    You need your discord server ID.

    For example, when you open your discord server in your web browser you'll see the server ID in the URL.

    discordapp.com/channels/ServerID/ChannelID

    Put the server ID into the server ID setting.
    Thank you, I got that taken care of.

    But, is there somewhere I can find more info on Discord integration? I feel like it's setup properly but I don't see commands for it and I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work as I've never seen a server with it integrated. The clan's server my group split from had the Teamspeak integration setup (and is responsible for it in adkats I guess) so I only have experience with that integration.

    Are there commands? Is there a way to join Discord directly from the server via command?

    The only things in Adkats I haven't setup for Discord are the string arrays for Discord Players and Discord Channel Members but I noticed the Discord All Members filled itself out.

  8. #6968
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
    Thank you, I got that taken care of.

    But, is there somewhere I can find more info on Discord integration? I feel like it's setup properly but I don't see commands for it and I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work as I've never seen a server with it integrated. The clan's server my group split from had the Teamspeak integration setup (and is responsible for it in adkats I guess) so I only have experience with that integration.

    Are there commands? Is there a way to join Discord directly from the server via command?

    The only things in Adkats I haven't setup for Discord are the string arrays for Discord Players and Discord Channel Members but I noticed the Discord All Members filled itself out.
    You can see explanations of the discord settings at the following link:

    https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#b29...nitor-settings

    There is one discord command by my knowledge, and that's /discordlink which links discord members to players in game. Teamspeak didn't have this issue because you could match IPs of in game players to IPs of teamspeak users, but discord doesn't provide IP information over the public API so this command is sometimes necessary to link people if their names do not match.
    ____

  9. #6969
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    You can see explanations of the discord settings at the following link:

    https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#b29...nitor-settings

    There is one discord command by my knowledge, and that's /discordlink which links discord members to players in game. Teamspeak didn't have this issue because you could match IPs of in game players to IPs of teamspeak users, but discord doesn't provide IP information over the public API so this command is sometimes necessary to link people if their names do not match.
    So it has to be done manually?

    Just tried /discordlink on myself and it came back that it couldn't find me in Discord but when I left the server and came back it showed the message that I was in Discord.

  10. #6970
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
    So it has to be done manually?

    Just tried /discordlink on myself and it came back that it couldn't find me in Discord but when I left the server and came back it showed the message that I was in Discord.
    If procon were on .NET 4.7 i'd be able to use websockets with discord properly. Unfortunately it's still on .NET 3.5, which doesn't have websockets. So for security reasons on discord's end they aren't able to provide anything more on their public API than a generic server info URI updated every 5 minutes.

    This means that players in your discord server are currently only updated every 5 minutes.

    If I ever get the chance to update procon for people to .NET 4.7 i'll do it, but almost everyone running AdKats is on .net 3.5.
    ____

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •