Page 703 of 703 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703
Results 7,021 to 7,027 of 7027
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobkilla View Post
    I can't see this mentioned anywhere but how long does a player report stay active without being acted on? Is it a specific duration or just until the end of a round? Can it be changed?
    The 3 digit report IDs expire at round end. At that point you will need to act on players manually. This round-based expiration has no settings at this time.
    ____

Any update on the documentation for the challenge settings ?

Procon Addict
    Hi .. Just wondered how do i connect 2 different instances of adkats (1 BF4 & 1 BF3 ) to the same teamspeak monitor? as it seems to go crazy if i try and connect to the same user and password on the teamspeak player monitor .. It will work on one but not both

Quote Originally Posted by EntraVenuS View Post
    Hi .. Just wondered how do i connect 2 different instances of adkats (1 BF4 & 1 BF3 ) to the same teamspeak monitor? as it seems to go crazy if i try and connect to the same user and password on the teamspeak player monitor .. It will work on one but not both
    I don't think that's something teamspeak supports. Make a 2nd query user for the 2nd AdKats instance and use that to query teamspeak.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    Any update on the documentation for the challenge settings ?
    Not at this time, all of my time is taken at the moment. The challenge system is not complete either. Please use the documentation i posted earlier in this thread.

What about it is difficult to understand?
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    Not at this time, all of my time is taken at the moment. The challenge system is not complete either. Please use the documentation i posted earlier in this thread.

What about it is difficult to understand?
    To be honest, I have no idea of what I am suppose to do with this system once its working correctly. Reading your prior instructions do not make sense to me. I believe that's because a lot of us are not computer wizards and have a lot of grey hair between our ears!

Based on your prior instructions, I have no way of know what I am to type or what settings to make. Think in term of instructions for idiots!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDown View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea of what I am suppose to do with this system once its working correctly. Reading your prior instructions do not make sense to me. I believe that's because a lot of us are not computer wizards and have a lot of grey hair between our ears!

Based on your prior instructions, I have no way of know what I am to type or what settings to make. Think in term of instructions for idiots!!
    Not a problem, happy to give an example. After going through this if you have any more questions please let me know. There are still no rewards for players completing challenges, that is coming soon-ish.

Example:

1. You want to set up a challenge to be run every round publicly, the challenge expires at the end of every round, and players need to get 10 kills with 3 different assault rifles (totalling 30 kills), and 5 kills with the magnum revolver.
    2. Make sure “server-wide round rules” is enabled.
      1. With this setting enabled there will be challenges announced at the start of every round if one is available. Without this setting enabled players would need to choose their own challenge manually.

3. Make sure “auto-assign round rules” is enabled.
      1. With this setting enabled players will automatically be assigned the round challenge if one is running in two cases: They get a kill which fits the challenge, or they use the challenge command (by default !ch) to see the current challenge.

4. Create a definition for the challenge.
      1. In the Add Definition setting type in whatever you want but make it match what you’re trying to make. For this one we’ll type in “30 AR 5 Magnum”.
      2. Once that is added you’ll see a definition entry added in the list. Now you need to add the damages/weapons.
      3. In the Add Damage Type setting inside this “30 AR 5 Magnum” definition, select “Assault_Rifle”.
      4. You’ll see a detail added to the list called “Damage - Assault Rifle” under this definition. It has a default of 1 weapon, and 1 kill.
      5. Change that to what we want, 10 kills, 3 weapons. Doing this will make players need to get 10 kills with 3 different assault rifles, totalling 30 kills.
      6. Now to add the magnum. In the Add Weapon setting inside this “Magnum ARs” definition, select “Handgun\44 Magnum”.
      7. You’ll see another detail added to the list called “Weapon - 44 Magnum” under this definition. It has a default of 1 kill.
      8. Change that to what we want, 5 kills.
      9. We now have the definition set up with 30 assault rifle kills (3 weapons, 10 kills each), and 5 magnum revolver kills.

5. Create a rule based on this definition.
      1. Collapse the definition section so it’s not in the way.
      2. Under the rules section you’ll see an Add Rule setting. Select “30 AR 5 Magnum” in that setting.
      3. You’ll see a new rule added with the name “30 AR 5 Magnum Rule X”, X being the next index available for a rule.
      4. Rename that rule into something players would recognize, the name on this rule is what gets shown to players, not the definition name. Let’s call this one “Magnum ARs”. Just use the Name setting on the rule to change it.
      5. We want this to be a server-wide round rule. (If a rule doesn’t qualify as a server-wide round rule players can still play the challenge but they need to select it manually.) So, this rule needs to have several things set:
        1. Completion type of “Rounds”
        2. Round Count of 1.
        3. Tier of 1.
        4. Enabled = true.

6. Change the completion type on it from “None” to “Rounds”.
      7. You’ll see a Round Count setting appear, this needs to be kept at 1 for it to qualify as a server-wide round rule.
      8. You see a Tier setting, this needs to be kept at 1 for it to qualify as a server-wide round rule.
      9. You see an Enabled setting. Now that is is ready, change that setting to True.

6. You are now set up with a new challenge players can use. On the next round it will be announced to the server. To get more info about the challenge system you can use !ch help
    ____