Page 692 of 692 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692
Results 6,911 to 6,916 of 6916
  1. #6911
    Hello,

    I have a question regarding our ban list. Our ban list that we currently have has over 20,000 players in it. When we first started to use adkats years ago, we upload a ban list that was comprised of bans in both BF3 and BF4. Now over the years it has grow to this size.

    My question is does having such a large ban list cause excessive load on our BFadminCP page. Seems our website is starting to slow down at times and our web provider is saying that we have some program in our webpage that is using excess amount of RAM. Not sure if this is the correct issue or not, but I am wondering if I can improve performance if I start to delete some of these older bans. Some of this ban go back to 2013.

    If deleting some of these ban would improve performance, can you advise the safest way to delete the older bans in my database. Only want to do this if you think it will help in reducing the resource load on my webpage.

    Thank you for your help.

  2. #6912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    491
    @ColColonCleaner

    I hope to see something like this: /addrole [playername] [ROLENUMBER] [TIME/PERM]
    Example: I want to add a player to the role that i created "High Admin", the role have shortname in adkats RLE3
    Code:
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 perm
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 1d30m
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 1m2d1h
    Possible? Are you want make the same?


    Got error 7.0.1.0:

    Code:
    [21:26:51 54] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7010-D-PlayerListingThreadLoop-PlayerListing13: [Error occured in player listing thread. Skipping loop.][System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: key
       bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
       bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Remove(TKey key)
       bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.PlayerListingThreadLoop()]
    Last edited by Hodor; Yesterday at 18:27.

  3. #6913
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
    @ColColonCleaner

    I hope to see something like this: /addrole [playername] [ROLENUMBER] [TIME/PERM]
    Example: I want to add a player to the role that i created "High Admin", the role have shortname in adkats RLE3
    Code:
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 perm
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 1d30m
    /addrole ColColonCleaner rle3 1m2d1h
    Possible? Are you want make the same?


    Got error 7.0.1.0:

    Code:
    [21:26:51 54] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7010-D-PlayerListingThreadLoop-PlayerListing13: [Error occured in player listing thread. Skipping loop.][System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: key
       bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
       bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Remove(TKey key)
       bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.PlayerListingThreadLoop()]
    The standard for AdKats commands is duration first, then player name, then message. Duration needs to be first because without a player entered you target yourself. Messages need to be last because they can have multiple words. That doesn't really apply here since all 3 are needed always, but it's a standard to stick with.

    It would likely be:
    /setrole perm playername rolename

    The role ID wouldn't be used because people wouldn't easily remember those. Setting someone to 'guest', or 'vip', or 'tier 2' is easy to remember.

    As for that exception, it's always worrying to see them being thrown from player listing, since that is central to the plugin. Unfortunately that section is huge, and finding that without a line number will be difficult. I'll check the system on the server i'm currently helping and see if they've seen it there with a line number, but that check won't be possible until this weekend.
    However, unless you're seeing that error consistently it shouldn't cause any visible issues on your system. That thread is designed to simply grab the next player list if there are any errors and just process that one instead. If that next one processes completely you'll only see a 5-10 second lapse in player data updates, which is basically nothing.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; Yesterday at 23:53.
    ____

  4. #6914
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackDown View Post
    Hello,

    I have a question regarding our ban list. Our ban list that we currently have has over 20,000 players in it. When we first started to use adkats years ago, we upload a ban list that was comprised of bans in both BF3 and BF4. Now over the years it has grow to this size.

    My question is does having such a large ban list cause excessive load on our BFadminCP page. Seems our website is starting to slow down at times and our web provider is saying that we have some program in our webpage that is using excess amount of RAM. Not sure if this is the correct issue or not, but I am wondering if I can improve performance if I start to delete some of these older bans. Some of this ban go back to 2013.

    If deleting some of these ban would improve performance, can you advise the safest way to delete the older bans in my database. Only want to do this if you think it will help in reducing the resource load on my webpage.

    Thank you for your help.
    If I remember correctly the banlist on the acp is paged, meaning it will only pull back what it needs to display. AdKats itself only fetches bans based on the player who is joining or being processed in the player list. We had around 40000 bans across BF3/BF4 and didn't notice slowness.
    I do not think that the service prophet built holds the bans in memory, unless he did some kind of caching to improve performance. How much ram did your provide say was being used?
    ____

  5. #6915
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    If I remember correctly the banlist on the acp is paged, meaning it will only pull back what it needs to display. AdKats itself only fetches bans based on the player who is joining or being processed in the player list. We had around 40000 bans across BF3/BF4 and didn't notice slowness.
    I do not think that the service prophet built holds the bans in memory, unless he did some kind of caching to improve performance. How much ram did your provide say was being used?
    Server provider did not tell me how much RAM was being used. They were not very helpful in helping figure out why my webpage was slowing down. All they would say was that a program was slowing down the webpage and then mentioned that I could be maxing out my RAM.

  6. #6916
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackDown View Post
    Server provider did not tell me how much RAM was being used. They were not very helpful in helping figure out why my webpage was slowing down. All they would say was that a program was slowing down the webpage and then mentioned that I could be maxing out my RAM.
    They said you could be maxing out your ram but didn't tell you what your limit was or how much ram was being used? That's weird.

    Anyway, is the ban page the only one that is having this slowness, or are other pages slow as well?
    ____

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •