Page 3 of 671 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    After further testing on our super busy metro server i'm deeming this lag issue a major problem. I'll need to get the multi-threading going right away to fix it before a release. If you really want the 2.5 update i can give it to you, there are a ton of new features, but the lag issue will only get worse if i let it go unchecked. Let me know if you want that update for testing, it's ready as far as my testing goes, but i'd suggest waiting for me to thread this thing so it won't be lagged.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Are you self hosting your layers or running through a provider?

I would like to check out 2.5 just for kicks, please.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchew View Post
    Are you self hosting your layers or running through a provider?

I would like to check out 2.5 just for kicks, please.

Thanks!
    Clan boss man doesn't want to host the layers locally (even though we have plenty of resources), so we are running through a provider at the moment. Trying to push for a change, but he feels safer hosting them elsewhere which i can understand to an extent.

I will give you the link to 2.5 source tonight once i get a couple things squared away, the db setup script needs one final test as i made some last minute changes. There shouldn't be any issues, but i want to be sure.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 05-06-2013 at 06:47.

AHA!! It was a database code problem causing the lag, not the actual plugin code. I'll release the hotfix with 2.5 .

EDIT: Yep, just confirmed all the lag on our servers made by the plugin is gone, fluid as ever.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 05-06-2013 at 02:40.

AdKats 2.5 Released! With performance boost!

Docs and download link here, "new in version 2.5" at the bottom. You will also see this in your procon instances.
    https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ster/README.md

New in Version 2.5:

• Admin List GUI. You can now modify the database reflected admin list through AdKats settings. You can edit who the admins are, and what level of access they have, without needing to access the database manually. All instances of the plugin on your database will reflect the admins you enter.
    • Admins now have multiple levels of access. They range from full admin (0) to normal player (6). List of commands for each level is given below. Admins can issue commands at or below their level. All commands on an admin's access level can be used on other admins of any level with the exception of muting.
    • Commands now have levels of access. Admins need to be at or above certain levels of access to use certain commands.
    • HTTP Server Online. Commands can now be sent to AdKats using procon's internal HTTP server, or through the database. Info given below on security of this system.
    • Player name suggestion system improved. System now considers player names starting with what was typed more correct than those with it just somewhere in their name. System will also perform a "fuzzy" player-name search if the text admins entered is not valid for any players.
    • Ghost Commands Fixed. Commands admins send but don't confirm will be auto-canceled if they move on to other things. This stops unwanted commands from being acted on after the fact.
    • TeamSwap can now auto-whitelist X random players in the server each round. The random list is changed each round. Use this to generate hype for players to get full access to teamswap. Players are told the first time they spawn that they have access. Players who already have access are not added to the auto-whitelist.
    • Player report logging improved. Whether a report was used by an admin is now logged.
    • "Admin Assistant" position added. Players who consistently send useful player reports get a small bonus. Details below. This can be disabled.
    • Round Report Handling Improved. Handling changed so admins can enter new reasons that override the report reason. The new reason entered will be used instead, and must follow the requirements for a reason defined in settings.
    • Pre-defined messages usable in all commands. All player interaction commands (not say or yell), will accept preMessageIDs as input for reasons now. e.g. @kill charlietheunicorn 4 --> charlietheunicorn killed for Baseraping Enemy Spawn Area.
    • Server IDs can be different now, yet still have punishments increase across servers. Now the origin of reports wont show as coming from the same server, since same server ID was required before for global punishments.
    • Added new commands. Kick all Players, and Nuke Server.
    • Commands can now operate in shortened hidden mode. When commands are issued in hidden mode they normally require an extra character. e.g. /@kill target reason. They now work with just the slash. e.g. /kill target reason.
    • Commands will target the speaker when entered with no parameters. Most player interaction commands will now target the speaker when entered with no parameters. So "@kill" == "@kill SourcePlayerName Self-Inflicted". Report and call admin will not do this, in addition to commands meant for targeting multiple players.
    • Additional ban message option added. e.g. Optionally add "appeal at www.yoursite.com" to the end of bans.
    • 30 seconds now hardcoded as punishment timeout. Setting was only editable for testing purposes.
    • Optimizations in code, database, and settings handling.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 05-06-2013 at 07:10.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by cobeliga View Post
    AdKats 2.5 Released! With performance boost!

Docs and download link here, "new in version 2.5" at the bottom. You will also see this in your procon instances.
    https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ster/README.md

New in Version 2.5:
    <<SNIP>>
    BEAUTIFUL. Installing and will provide feedback shortly.

Please provide link to donate to you or your clan, please.

Hutchew

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchew View Post
    BEAUTIFUL. Installing and will provide feedback shortly.

Please provide link to donate to you or your clan, please.

Hutchew
    There is a donate link in my signature now. Thanks much!

If you find any bugs please submit them to the 0.2.5.1 bugfix release here: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...e=5&state=open

I'll get that released once it gets some full server testing time to find any bugs.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 29-08-2013 at 15:52.

Procon Plugin Tester

Error when first run, create tables:

New empty DB, double checked permissions. Tried to post on your github, don't think it worked, so posting here as well.

[12:17:42 00] [AdKats] Enabled! Version: 0.2.5.0
    [12:17:42 00] [AdKats] Attempting database connection.
    [12:17:42 00] [AdKats] Database connection SUCCESS.
    [12:17:42 01] [AdKats] ERROR: Main Record table not present in the database.
    [12:17:42 01] [AdKats] Running database setup script. You will not lose any data.
    [12:17:42 14] [AdKats] EXCEPTION: Your database did not accept the script. Does your account have access to table creation? AdKats will not function properly. Exception: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate column name 'server_ip'
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int3 2& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult( )
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuer y()
    at PRoConEvents.AdKats.runDBSetupScript()
    [12:17:42 14] [AdKats] ERROR: adkat_playerlist not present in the database. AdKats will not function properly.
    [12:17:42 14] [AdKats] ERROR: adkat_playerpoints not present in the database. AdKats will not function properly.
    [12:17:42 14] [AdKats] ERROR: Database structure errors detected, not set up for AdKats use.

Now, when I disable.enable, get this:

[12:39:50 93] [AdKats] Disabled! =(
    [12:39:52 03] [AdKats] Enabled! Version: 0.2.5.0
    [12:39:52 03] [AdKats] Attempting database connection.
    [12:39:52 03] [AdKats] Database connection SUCCESS.
    [12:39:52 03] [AdKats] Confirming Database Structure.
    [12:39:52 03] [AdKats] ERROR: adkat_playerlist not present in the database. AdKats will not function properly.
    [12:39:52 04] [AdKats] ERROR: adkat_playerpoints not present in the database. AdKats will not function properly.
    [12:39:52 04] [AdKats] ERROR: Database structure errors detected, not set up for AdKats use.
    [12:42:55 28] [AdKats] Disabling command functionality
    [12:42:55 28] [AdKats] Disabled! =(

I could theoretically create the tables, but too many variables exist on where to create, and with what details.

Stuck..........
    What to do?

FIXED************** Removed the following lines and ran it through the sql query:

-- If the tables already exist and just need updating, the above will warn and below will be success.
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `record_time` TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `server_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT -1;
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` ADD `server_ip` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT "0.0.0.0:0000";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `command_type` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT "DefaultCommand";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` ADD `command_action` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT "DefaultAction";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `record_durationMinutes` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `target_guid` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT "EA_NoGUID";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `target_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT "NoTarget";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `source_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT "NoNameAdmin";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `record_message` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT "NoMessage";
    ALTER TABLE `adkat_records` MODIFY `adkats_read` ENUM('Y', 'N') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N';
    DROP TABLE `adkat_teamswapwhitelist`;

It was hung up on the two "add" lines and the "drop table" line, fyi.
    Last edited by Hutchew; 05-06-2013 at 19:06. Reason: More details

Well crap. Thanks for the testing, my db only warns for the things it was failing on for you, so on my end it ran fine every time. Those alters are there to keep any previous data you had instead of just dropping and re-creating everything.

And yeah your issue post didn't go through, will add it . Thanks.

EDIT: I changed the sql query so others running it will still see the error, but it will be success if they just restart the plugin. It's a temporary fix as i'm not on my dev machine, but it will work.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 05-06-2013 at 19:27. Reason: Temporary Fix

Procon Plugin Tester
    Now, anytime you fool around in the admins section, it clears the plugin details screen (on 3 different servers tested). Can still enable/disbale the plugin, and it will tell you it pulled the admin list, but before it "crashes" it doesn't populate the admin list from the 1st server to the next. lol, make sense?

adkats1.jpg

I can hit you with a joinme so you can see what is going on if you like.

teamspeak is 74.208.103.208
    Last edited by Hutchew; 05-06-2013 at 19:34.