Page 2 of 671 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    Procon Plugin Tester
    lol, I will look into that, does look cool............but what I am talking about is a way to see what admins are doing, so perhaps a search by admin, and then it brings back everything that admin has done or said as far as the database is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchew View Post
    lol, I will look into that, does look cool............but what I am talking about is a way to see what admins are doing, so perhaps a search by admin, and then it brings back everything that admin has done or said as far as the database is concerned.
    Yep, i will be implementing that. Was just talking about a replacement for the procon webadmin you were using.

Giving this a try! Will report back.

So far so good. Thanks for the plugin. One thing that would be cool is a web front end to manage players and view a history of violations and commands which were executed.
    Last edited by Jamesonp; 02-06-2013 at 01:24.

I'm one of the developers for ADK more specifically the web end. I was thinking about making a lightweight frontend to be able to manage and view player history with AdKats. Problem with that currently is a security issue with the way that the HTTP server for procon is. Using GET requests is a major issue because of the fact that anyone can get the URL and just send it to someone and boom nuke the server if they wanted to. Right now the way we are currently issuing commands to the plugin is with the plugin polling the database and any entry that I put in with an admin issues a command on that player from the web then the plugin acts on it. It's about a 10 sec delay for it to be issued.

Also for added security I plan on having a simple member account management for this frontend that way its not open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by 13lackHawk View Post
    I'm one of the developers for ADK more specifically the web end. I was thinking about making a lightweight frontend to be able to manage and view player history with AdKats. Problem with that currently is a security issue with the way that the HTTP server for procon is. Using GET requests is a major issue because of the fact that anyone can get the URL and just send it to someone and boom nuke the server if they wanted to. Right now the way we are currently issuing commands to the plugin is with the plugin polling the database and any entry that I put in with an admin issues a command on that player from the web then the plugin acts on it. It's about a 10 sec delay for it to be issued.

Also for added security I plan on having a simple member account management for this frontend that way its not open to the public.
    In short, this will be developed as soon as possible. A version routed through the database for both record retrieval and viewing, as well as command issuing will be version 1. Version 2 will hopefully be able to issue commands in real time once we get the procon http server somewhat secured. However I'm focusing most on releasing version 0.2.5.0 until that is done.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Awesome. great work, guys.

Thanks for your efforts.

Has anyone experienced lag in command actions during high stress times? We have on our servers on a couple occasions, right now assuming it's from the high number of plugins we run bogging it down, not AdKats itself.

I will be working on multi-threading the tool to stop anything else from slowing it down, but that's planned for plugin version 3.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 03-06-2013 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by cobeliga View Post
    Has anyone experienced lag in command actions during high stress times? We have on our servers on a couple occasions, right now assuming it's from the high number of plugins we run bogging it down, not AdKats itself.

I will be working on multi-threading the tool to stop anything else from slowing it down, but that's planned for plugin version 3.
    When my server is at 64 players, there is a slight (2-4 second) delay vs below 32 players it's almost non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesonp View Post
    When my server is at 64 players, there is a slight (2-4 second) delay vs below 32 players it's almost non existent.
    Most of the time when our servers are at 64 things don't lag, it's only certain times. But yeah there is stuff lagging the system, hopefully multi-threading it will fix those problems, but that wont come till version 3. Hopefully the features are worth the lag until then, lol. 2.5 release should be only a few days away now, final testing.

I might release the multi-threading early if it becomes a big issue.
    Last edited by ColColonCleaner; 04-06-2013 at 03:46.