Page 294 of 741 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 7409
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    The main reason I ask is it seems like Ive seen other streaming admins on metabans that only give 2 years bans. Maybe they are using a different program. Not sure.

No...I wouldnt want to temp-ban someone using hacks. But Id like to be sure that my settings are the best in order to ban true hackers. I was just noticing quite a few being banned with this feature turned on. See pix.
    Attachment 3600

Also whats weird is I didnt change any of the numbers yet last night I saw that on one server the HSK trigger level was set to 60 on one server and 70 on the other which is why I ask what would be the best settings.

Do you recommend not using the cheatdetector plugin since I am using this?

I guess I just dont get how to read "HSK Automatic Ban [ACWR-81-158-128]" lol. Im getting old and wonder if Ill still be alive when these 20 year bans disappear.
    2 years, for the life span of this game and the people who will still be playing it after that time, is basically a permanent ban. AdKats just defaults to permaban = 20 year temp-ban.

There is a whole section of the documentation about the auto-ban system for hackers: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...with-whitelist

That even tells you what the different ban reasons mean, and gives suggested values for each of the settings .

Generally if you have a question, see if the docs answer it, most likely i wrote up how it works. I'm not sure why your settings are different for each server, the only reason you would want to have different settings is if you are running hardcore vs normal, the DPS trigger level should be slightly higher on hardcore servers.

You can still use the cheatdetector plugin if you want to, each plugin has features the others do not.
    ____

Ok so I've testing the auto nuke since Sunday now, and here is what I can tell (fti : I'm on a Locker 64 Conquest Large and using the optimal Metro option)

The plugin will still nuke even 5 tickets left from the end.
    Sometimes it sends 7 nuke row (wich is quite a lot) , sometimes just one.
    It works well. A team can have all flags as long as they do not rape the other team too much and I love that.
    People doesn't understand why they are being nuke when they aren't on the last flag (I'm using the sentence : "Auto-Nuking to prevent baseraping" maybe you have some better to advice for me).

Version used : 2.0.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by naurel View Post
    Ok so I've testing the auto nuke since Sunday now, and here is what I can tell (fti : I'm on a Locker 64 Conquest Large and using the optimal Metro option)

The plugin will still nuke even 5 tickets left from the end.
    Sometimes it sends 7 nuke row (wich is quite a lot) , sometimes just one.
    It works well. A team can have all flags as long as they do not rape the other team too much and I love that.
    People doesn't understand why they are being nuke when they aren't on the last flag (I'm using the sentence : "Auto-Nuking to prevent baseraping" maybe you have some better to advice for me).

Version used : 2.0.0.0
    You are on lockers, and are using the metro option. Why? The optimal ticket rates for those maps are different...only use metro, on metro.

Here are the values we have for 64p lockers conquest:

There is not an option for max/min ticket count to allow auto-surrender to happen.

Also, there are a couple fixes i added to auto-surrender that are not in the full 5.2.0.0, please run the latest test branch 5.2.0.5 or later to use them.
    ____

I have some questions about Admin Assistants.

If I activate this feature, how many reputation points does a player need to get this status, or is it strictly based on the number of player reports they make. Does reputation points effect Admin Assistant status?

Does a player only get to be an Admin Assistant if they make player reports or can they achieve that status if they acquire a certain number of reputation points?

Also, how do I assign what powers the Admin Assistant has. Say I only want them to be able to kick or temp ban a player only, how do I go about setting that up since at the moment I don't see any settings for Admin Assistants powers. Can we set this up so a player could become an Admin Assistant is they achieved a certain amount of reputation points? If so, I do I do this.

I have read the documentation for you great program and it doesn't answer my questions so I hope you can!

Thank you for your efforts, I love this program!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDown View Post
    I have some questions about Admin Assistants.

If I activate this feature, how many reputation points does a player need to get this status, or is it strictly based on the number of player reports they make. Does reputation points effect Admin Assistant status?

Does a player only get to be an Admin Assistant if they make player reports or can they achieve that status if they acquire a certain number of reputation points?
    It is based solely on accepted reports, because that means they are a reliable reporter, the basis of the system. Some random dude could make a hundred bad reports and get AA simply because of reputation otherwise.

For those you trust, and don't need them to prove themselves via their reports being accepted, you can use the aawhitelist command.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDown View Post
    Also, how do I assign what powers the Admin Assistant has. Say I only want them to be able to kick or temp ban a player only, how do I go about setting that up since at the moment I don't see any settings for Admin Assistants powers. Can we set this up so a player could become an Admin Assistant is they achieved a certain amount of reputation points? If so, I do I do this.
    Admins assistants don't have access to any special commands, aside from !admins to view the list of online admins. What being an admin assistant means is that autoadmin can recognize and make sure valid reports they make are acted on, if admins are offline, or if admins miss the report. Valid reports are automatically acted on with a !punish on the targeted player.

Admin assistants don't have direct powers, because they are just that, assistants. All of their actions are put through a filter before being acted on, because we don't fully trust them; they were given powers by an automatic system after all. This is why the system needs to be based on accepted reports or whitelisting, not reputation, because real admins can directly control the former, not the latter.

If you want to give someone direct powers, add them as an admin.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    It is based solely on accepted reports, because that means they are a reliable reporter, the basis of the system. Some random dude could make a hundred bad reports and get AA simply because of reputation otherwise.

For those you trust, and don't need them to prove themselves via their reports being accepted, you can use the aawhitelist command.

Admins assistants don't have access to any special commands, aside from !admins to view the list of online admins. What being an admin assistant means is that autoadmin can recognize and make sure valid reports they make are acted on, if admins are offline, or if admins miss the report. Valid reports are automatically acted on with a !punish on the targeted player.

Admin assistants don't have direct powers, because they are just that, assistants. All of their actions are put through a filter before being acted on, because we don't fully trust them; they were given powers by an automatic system after all. This is why the system needs to be based on accepted reports or whitelisting, not reputation, because real admins can directly control the former, not the latter.

If you want to give someone direct powers, add them as an admin.
    Thanks you for the explanation. It helped a lot.

Wow...slowmo on exception was activated in the 5.2.0.0 release, that's supposed to be dev only. I am releasing a patch in the next couple hours, your layers will auto-update themselves.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    You are on lockers, and are using the metro option. Why? The optimal ticket rates for those maps are different...only use metro, on metro.

Here are the values we have for 64p lockers conquest:

There is not an option for max/min ticket count to allow auto-surrender to happen.

Also, there are a couple fixes i added to auto-surrender that are not in the full 5.2.0.0, please run the latest test branch 5.2.0.5 or later to use them.

What's your metro settings, thinking of giving this a go instead of the manual surrender as the multibalancer I've never got set right, just when I think I have for 4-5x rounds the next 3x result in base rape.

That minimum ticket gap seems low though, we run 2500 tickets on lockers and 1500 tickets on metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonpb View Post
    What's your metro settings, thinking of giving this a go instead of the manual surrender as the multibalancer I've never got set right, just when I think I have for 4-5x rounds the next 3x result in base rape.

That minimum ticket gap seems low though, we run 2500 tickets on lockers and 1500 tickets on metro.
    For metro conquest just use the setting "Use Optimal Values for Metro", the internal values are a little more verbose. It will not trigger unless a full baserape is happening.

There is a reason the gap is small for lockers, and even smaller for metro. When autobalance messes up, it can mess up BAD, where one team is spawn camped within a few minutes of starting the match. On lockers we give them time to come back with the 300 ticket difference minimum before it triggers off of the rates; On metro, no way, if they are spawn camped, they are done.

But first, update to 5.2.0.7

The best thing to to is experiment and see if it's triggering at what you would call the optimal time. The metro settings have been tested by us for a couple months now and seem to work great.

I might throw in another setting for optimal lockers settings if people give enough feedback for it.
    ____

Version 5.2.0.7 (29-OCT-2014)

Changes

• N/A

Enhancements

• Added more intuitive version update information after patches.
    • Added global timing confirmation, along the same lines as database timing confirmation. Will not allow AdKats to boot if Procon layer UTC time is incorrect by over 5 minutes, and warn if incorrect by over 15 seconds.
    • Added ticket counts to surrender vote record message.
    • Exceptions posted to the database will include line numbers if the plugin debugging Procon option is enabled.

Bugs Fixed

• SlowMoOnException was mistakenly enabled in the 5.2.0.0 release. This is a dev-only setting that could, and most likely would, cause much lag for chat and console messages, slowing the entire program. This bug is why the 5.2.0.7 release was made so quickly after 5.2.0.0.
    • Auto-Surrender could trigger multiple times in one round when ending it, causing record and chat spam.
    • Surrender votes were allowed after a surrender vote was already complete, or after an auto-surrender was triggered.
    • Plugin update messages to online admins and record source were being sent far too often, these have been reduced.

Upgrade SQL from 4.0.0.0 - Current

No upgrade SQL required.

If you are running 5.2.0.0, your layer will automatically update and only require a reboot to run this version.
    If not, update one layer, run it to completion, then enable on your other layers.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/adk...atest/download
    ____